Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    janegalt37 wrote: »
    With stronger thighs and less weight, I keep hitting my head on the roof when I get out of my car. Seriously. Every. Time.

lol!
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing loved reading this

I can hop into my jeep instead of haul myself up
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    rockrosie wrote: »
    Being able to shop in "regular" stores.
    And spending a lot of time flexing in the mirror. Weight lifting FTW!

LOL. Me too. Most of that is at home, but my trainer has caught me checking myself out more than once and teases me mercilessly about it. "Oh look Linda! There's another mirror!"

^^^THIS! Last night my trainer was the one who actually told me to get in front of the mirror so I could see (and appreciate) my rear delt definition while going through my reps. I've never seen her look so proud.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    rockrosie wrote: »
    Being able to shop in "regular" stores.
    And spending a lot of time flexing in the mirror. Weight lifting FTW!

LOL. Me too. Most of that is at home, but my trainer has caught me checking myself out more than once and teases me mercilessly about it. "Oh look Linda! There's another mirror!"

^^^THIS! Last night my trainer was the one who actually told me to get in front of the mirror so I could see (and appreciate) my rear delt definition while going through my reps. I've never seen her look so proud.

At this point when she tells me to look at myself doing something (presumably so I know what it looks like when I'm doing it right) I usually can't decide if she actually wants me to look or if she's teasing me. She's a super fun trainer.
  • KJMajano
    KJMajano Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Indie4774 wrote: »
    I discovered that I could wear high heels that used to ache and I would blame the design of the shoe but when I had lost my weight I realized I was so much lighter on my feet that it was no longer painful. That was a huge "oh yeah" moment.

Yesterday I was looking at the most lovely pair of heels I have ever seen and thought, maybe, just maybe when I lose all this weight I can buy these and actually wear them longer than just around my house to see if I should really leave my house without a back up pair of flats. Thank you for this! You have made my day :)

• Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kinda creepy to see veins in my arms and hands, and having a hard time shaving under my arms...I keep missing spaces, I guess I have armpits now...lol !!!
  • KJMajano
    Options
    DeziT123 wrote: »
    *Being able to zip high boots up right to the top because my calves fit in them!!!
    *I never recognize myself in reflections of store windows or mirrors and so I'm always caught off guard like there was someone standing close to me and I didn't realize. I always look around startled before realizing THAT'S ME!!!!!

This is too cute!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • KJMajano
    Options
    This one made me cry. When my husband of 18 years picked me up for the first time. I'll never forget it. : )

How exciting!!!! You go girl!!!!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    After losing 25kg through diet and lots of cycling, I recently had trouble buying trousers because the trousers were too tight on the thighs but loose on the waist.

Story of my life!!
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ishii19 wrote: »
    I noticed I spend more time caring for and decorating my body - caring for it in the gym and the kitchen inspires me to spend extra time rubbing on lotions, grooming, wearing makeup, adorning with jewelry - I'm not yet near my goal weight but happily I love my body again and want to treat it well all the time :)

This! I also never used to look at myself in mirrors or allow anyone to take my picture and now I spend a few moments in front of the mirror to give myself a once over and see if I can notice more changes.
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    my skin is incredibly clear. no body acne between rolls! :s

i also think i smell better. just in general, is that weird?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!