Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near done, but here's one I've noticed the last few days. I have one of those retractable things that's supposed to clip on your belt with your company building access card. Until recently I always had to carry it in my pocket because there was too much belly hanging over the belt to comfortably clip the thing on. The last few days I have been able to clip it on due to the fact that the belly overhang is not quite as great any more.

That is a fantastic victory!! And I'm sure there are many more to come. Great work!!

• FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticed an increased testosterone.
  • dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I never expected to inspire others to start working on their health as well. It is very humbling.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    This is incredibly tmi, and I debated whether I should post it or not. When I started my weight loss I had 40 lbs to lose. I have lost 13lbs to date. My clothes fit the same, I'm still in a size 16 pant, and my shirts still fit the same. Needless to say, I've been pretty disappointed to not see any physical changes. However, the other day when I was drying off I noticed a few changes in my lady parts. Who knew that would be the first place to lose fat?!? And I actually have indents on the inside of my thighs!

The only other difference noticed is last night when I was laying in bed hubby put his hand on my thigh just below my hips, and felt a bone. I'm guessing it's the lower part of my pelvis or something? He's never felt that before.

Otherwise, no one has noticed any changes in me. So these are the only two I have to celebrate right now lol.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Oh, and yesterday I was feeling really blah, I've had bronchitis for the last 2.5 weeks, and am now developing a cold too. So I ate 3 bowls of soup. Something I could (and would) do quite easily in the past. My stomach physically hurt after, so I've learned my lesson there! Tea will now be my go-to when I want to comfort-fill my belly.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Running felt a lot better physically when I was at my lowest weight. Now that I gained some weight back the jiggle just annoys the crap out of me. Good reason to get back to where I was. Before that, I had no idea how irritating it is, and I'm glad I didn't because I might have quit running.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    The change in the smell of my body odor was unexpected. It makes sense to me because of the change in my diet but it initially surprised me.
    How strangers seem to be just in general warmer and nicer, especially men. That definitely happened sooner than expected.
    That I can physically feel the changes in my body, see the number on the scale going down, and am even buying smaller sized clothes, yet when I look in the mirror I don't see much of a change.

• kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm just LOVING this thread. It's so positive!

I tried on a pair of trousers this morning that I didn't think would fit... and now I am wishing I had brought a belt to work! So I understand about the brain not catching up, especially when the scale isn't moving!
  • TakingSteps1234
    TakingSteps1234 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved reading all of these. Can't wait to be able to add my own to this list. :) Very inspirational. Thanks.
  • kab789
    kab789 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    With 20lbs down I feel like I have more energy, and I enjoy feeling better and a stronger immune system. The rest of my family is sick with the flu and I have yet to get sick.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I hope this won't be an inappropriate reply but I guess we're all adults her: I officially announce I can now see my whole penis. I'm sure some men here know how gratifying that feeling is....

I announced the same thing to my wife recently. She remained unimpressed.... :wink:

Haha, brilliant.

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ...That I can physically feel the changes in my body, see the number on the scale going down, and am even buying smaller sized clothes, yet when I look in the mirror I don't see much of a change.

That will come in time. Your perception will eventually catch up.

I remember when I bought my first pair of non-plus size jeans, after working my way down through the plus sizes as I lost weight. I would pull them out of the dryer and wonder, "whose jeans are these?"

Now that those jeans are loose (although straight out of the dryer they fit for a while since they have a high spandex percentage) and I'm down 2 more sizes, those jeans no longer look small to me. Actually the size 12s I'm wearing now don't really look small. My brain is gradually adjusting to the weight loss. I have some size 8s I bought at thrift stores waiting for me in my closet and those do look small. But, I'll get there and I'm sure at some point they will look right to me.

I'm very pleased to have dropped many sizes, but for a humbling reality check I sometimes try on the jeans I have picked up in the next size down. Don't want to get too sure of myself.

For my current unexpected result: I am not as critical of myself in mirrors now, which is very nice. For many years I didn't feel that way.

55835802.png

• MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My legs have some bad *kitten* cuts and my cleavage is actually sexy :) I love to wear dresses now!
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    In the last two weeks I have really begun to notice things like my hip bones especially if the cat or dog curls up on them.

I have also been shocked a few times when stretching or scratching my back or arms to feel how solid the muscles are becoming. Seriously rock solid.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!