Losing too much in my face?

Options
i am almost at my proposed goal...just a few pounds left! The problem is, my stomach isn't in the shape I want it to be in, but my family thinks my face is too skinny and "sunk in"

It makes me wonder if I should lose any more weight? Or is it just that they're used to me having a fuller face?

I'm 5 foot 5, female, 21 and about 132.5
I eat 1,450 calories plus almost all of my exercises calories (which is 200-400)

Replies

• judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What do you think?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    your weight sounds good/average. they are probably just used to a fuller face.

how do you feel about how you look?
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Probably just not used to your new features, so it's weird to them. I don't think your face looks sunk in at all.
  • BeachinBeauty
    BeachinBeauty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with the same. I still have this lingering roll of lower abdominal fat that nobody else sees. I'm not gonna be satisfied until it's gone, but the whole family thinks I've lost enough and need to stop because of my face. I weigh 164 and everybody acts like I'm emaciated. I guess because I've always been chunky and was my most obese at 220. They're not used to me like this.

My overall goal is 140-150, so I still have some way to go. I feel your pain!
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I just changed my pic of one I just took now!

I feel like I look fine but then looking in the mirror after she told me I felt weird.

I have a larger lower body that attracts weight, and a small upper body. I'm thinking I will start using weight with my upper body so it's not my naturally small arms in addition to a skinnier face
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    I am dealing with the same. I still have this lingering roll of lower abdominal fat that nobody else sees. I'm not gonna be satisfied until it's gone, but the whole family thinks I've lost enough and need to stop because of my face. I weigh 164 and everybody acts like I'm emaciated. I guess because I've always been chunky and was my most obese at 220. They're not used to me like this.

My overall goal is 140-150, so I still have some way to go. I feel your pain!

Congrats on your weight loss! That's AWESOME :)

For my family, most family members are heavy. My mom is losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle, which I'm very happy about!!

I think that some of my family sees me as fine since everyone else is heavier.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I have the exact same issues with my hubby and family. EVERY time I speak to my mum she makes me promise not to lose any more weight!! Because of the sunken face thing.
    I'm 140lbs and 5"8 . Yes I've lost weight in my face and "apparently" my collar bones are jutting out :noway: But I still have a tummy paunch I want to get rid of. My goal is to lose 8 more lbs , just between us.

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I just changed my pic of one I just took now!

I feel like I look fine but then looking in the mirror after she told me I felt weird.

I have a larger lower body that attracts weight, and a small upper body. I'm thinking I will start using weight with my upper body so it's not my naturally small arms in addition to a skinnier face

Pear shapes are SEXY! :smile: Weights are good, too!
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should think of changing your goal....maybe not so much losing any more weight but firming up and losing body fat. If you like your current look then that's what matters give your family some time they will get used to the new slimmer you.
  • jessebowen492
    jessebowen492 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a 6 foot 215 lb man with low bodyfat, if I take a picture neck up I get skinny comments until they see the rest of me. For some people face fat goes first. You can't pick where your body looses the weight. For the most part society isn't use to seeing lean people. Good luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you lift yet?
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. I think it's just a matter of your brain catching up to the new you and your family adjusting to your new image. When I look at my license photo I can't get over how round my face used to be, whereas now I can actually see cheekbones--but it took a little while to get used to it.
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Do you lift yet?

Legs yes, arms no!
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    Oh boy, I have the exact same issues with my hubby and family. EVERY time I speak to my mum she makes me promise not to lose any more weight!! Because of the sunken face thing.
    I'm 140lbs and 5"8 . Yes I've lost weight in my face and "apparently" my collar bones are jutting out :noway: But I still have a tummy paunch I want to get rid of. My goal is to lose 8 more lbs , just between us.

Good luck with your mom :)
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    kellicci wrote: »
    Maybe you should think of changing your goal....maybe not so much losing any more weight but firming up and losing body fat. If you like your current look then that's what matters give your family some time they will get used to the new slimmer you.

Thanks for the advice :)
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    I'm a 6 foot 215 lb man with low bodyfat, if I take a picture neck up I get skinny comments until they see the rest of me. For some people face fat goes first. You can't pick where your body looses the weight. For the most part society isn't use to seeing lean people. Good luck!

Thank you, good luck to you too :)
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    You look awesome. I think it's just a matter of your brain catching up to the new you and your family adjusting to your new image. When I look at my license photo I can't get over how round my face used to be, whereas now I can actually see cheekbones--but it took a little while to get used to it.

• charcharrenee
    Options
    I had a similar problem! I was also losing weight regularly but not from the areas I was really hoping it would leave from (my waist) but my chest was a lot smaller as well as my face. I know that you cannot spot lose and your body will strip away fat wherever it pleases regardless of what you do, but I know lifting weights has helped immensely with toning my stomach and looking leaner. I actually ended up gaining weight to look how I wanted!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem! I was also losing weight regularly but not from the areas I was really hoping it would leave from (my waist) but my chest was a lot smaller as well as my face. I know that you cannot spot lose and your body will strip away fat wherever it pleases regardless of what you do, but I know lifting weights has helped immensely with toning my stomach and looking leaner. I actually ended up gaining weight to look how I wanted!

Oh, how I hope to get where you are now!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you agree re your face and are so close to goal you could switch to recomp then eat at maintenance and follow a progressive weight training programme involving compound lifts