losing weight

Options
I started at 186.0 lbs now I am 182.2 WANTING TO BE 150.0 Do you think that is a realistic goal by June?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Over three pounds a week? Neither healthy nor realistic.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's possible (barely). Too extreme though. 165 would be a better number to shoot for.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It took me 9 months to lose 30lbs (175lb to 145lb), but good luck.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    hill8570 wrote: »
    Over three pounds a week? Neither healthy nor realistic.

This.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to cut off body parts.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i break down my weight loss into 5lb goals. im currently at 161. my next goal is 160. when i get to that it will be 155. there is no time limit. i aim for 1lb a week . this way my 'goal' doesn't seem so far off. sometimes its tough losing 1lb a week when my goal is 30lb away. but 1lb a week is huge when i give myself 5lb goals. i just suggest don't set yourself up for dissapointment. even 10lb is better than say the alternative of gaining 10lb if you weren't trying!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I started at 186.0 lbs now I am 182.2 WANTING TO BE 150.0 Do you think that is a realistic goal by June?

Definitely possible
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No way to do this that is healthy and sustainable.

Yeah, you can get it off. You'll gain it back when you revert back to old habits.

Much healthier: making real sustainable changes and have a goal of losing 1lb a week.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its a no, unless you figure out a healthy sustainable way to create a deficit of 1500+ calories a day. It would be challenging for someone very overweight, but unrealistic with someone with much less to lose. the only way to do it imo would be to do insane amounts of exercise and im not just talking 3 days a week.

Give yourself a break and dont create unrealsitic deadlines as it tend to result in fristration misery and a fail.