queenliz99 wrote: »
    mintzekr wrote: »
    No by hump day - i figure I can cheap a little but I
    - And fall off the wagon

What is your weekly weight loss goal?

My goal is 1.5 to 2lbs a week.

Too aggressive

Agreed! Give yourself .5-1lb a week and you will be less likely to feel the need to cheat on hump day. This will stop you from spinning your wheels.

It's better to lose ,5 lbs a week than it is to try to lose 1.5-2lbs and end up losing nothing!

Yes your weight loss goal is too aggressive - 0.5lbs a week

Also stop thinking of cheats ..if you want something work out how to fit it into your weekly calories..if it means saving 100 calories back a day to have a 500 calorie "treat" on hump day then do that

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2015
    That is how I did it before - i exercise everyday and counted my calories - my weight comes off pretty fast - my current issues is sticking to it

Either you need to knuckle down and stay at your calorie deficit or move your daily calorie goal up higher.
  • Reneephilly
    Reneephilly Posts: 17 Member
    what happened before may not happen today. take in the suggestions given.

I am - and I am finding this very helpful
  • Reneephilly
    Thank you everyone for the advice
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    No by hump day - i figure I can cheap a little but I
    - And fall off the wagon

What is your weekly weight loss goal?

My goal is 1.5 to 2lbs a week.

Too aggressive

Agreed! Give yourself .5-1lb a week and you will be less likely to feel the need to cheat on hump day. This will stop you from spinning your wheels.

It's better to lose ,5 lbs a week than it is to try to lose 1.5-2lbs and end up losing nothing!

Ok - I'm willing to accept any advice - this was the reason for my post (something I never do) but at the rate I'm not getting anywhere

Thank you

I truly understand your frustration. This is my second time around. I had an injury and let myself gain 20 lbs in 2 months.

My first few weeks I was doing the same thing you are and losing the same 1-2lbs over and over. I am now 3 weeks into my less aggressive but more consistent woe and have lost 4lbs even though I am only set to lose,5 a week.

I attribute the additional weight to additional energy expended at the gym because I am fueling myself enough to be able to hit hard while I'm there.

I hope you are able to find a balance you can stick to.
  • jalunnijr
    jalunnijr Posts: 9 Member
    Hi!

There's no one easy answer to weight loss. I can tell you what worked for me. I make sure that my kitchen has lots of fruits and vegetables with no empty calorie foods and processed around. I drink zero calories. I also use a nutrition bullet and this has helped me a lot. I drink a fresh fruit and vegetable drink for lunch.

Bottom line if you want to keep it going and lose weight there are a few things that have to happen. Control calories to ensure a deficite, exercise, and change eating habits. I lost 40 lbs since January and still losing 3 lbs a week this way. Let me know if I can help further and I can get you more details. Good luck you will do it!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    you stick to it by sticking to it. look, it's not always fun and easy, but tracking your food and exercising regularly is something you'll have to do to lose weight, the former more so.

you need to plan ahead. don't log you food as you consume it. you need to log it before hand. i'll log my food days in advance.

All of this. The only thing I want to add is that you will need to stick to these kind of habits once you reach your goal or else you'll be right back here again and again having 15 pounds to lose. Healthy, sustainable habits prepare you for maintenance.

• Syl92
    Syl92 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm the same way! I start off doing good and then I crave for chocolate and I'm starting from the beginning. I need to lose 15 pounds myself! We can definitely do this! :D
  • Reneephilly
    Syl92 wrote: »
    I'm the same way! I start off doing good and then I crave for chocolate and I'm starting from the beginning. I need to lose 15 pounds myself! We can definitely do this! :D

Good lets do it together