Dumped by ft

Options
well, just got dumped by ft. Pretty crap thing to do. She could not even tell me face to face. I think she was seeing someone, when I asked her she was very defensive. So I am down in the dumps after a horrible week at work. Positive feedback please and please do not say "you wil find someone better"

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I do not know you or your girlfriend but as a general comment...
    I am sorry to hear that this has happened.
    Not telling you face to face was a pretty cowardly thing to do but maybe she could not handle the guilt of why she was finishing with you, whatever that may be.
    Regardless of the circumstances, it is what it is and all you can do now is deal with the hurt and dissapointment in your own way.
    I think if you think about it with your brain and not your heart, you would see that it is better to end a relationship now rather than make you both miserable living a lie.
    In time, there will be someone else in your life but only when you are ready.
  • nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. That really sucks. Take this time to focus on you.

Last time I went through a nasty breakup I was in the best shape of my life. Took all the emotions to the gym and killed it. It helped my emotional state immensely. I was stronger and had a lot more confidence.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It is okay to be angry, upset and disappointed for a couple of days but then let it go and forgive. Holding a grudge does horrible things to us physically.
    I agree with Nala, working out does help.
  • LisaTNelson
    LisaTNelson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well wow, bummer. Good for you for talking about it. And on My Fitness Pal. Does that mean you're working it into your routine?
  • mountain01
    mountain01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes..... I do need to let go back it is hard