Food you once liked

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,439 Member
Argh! I felt like eating some crisps today, 100 grams of Laurenz crisps, actually fits into my daily maintenance budget. But oh dear... it didn't taste well at all, and my stomach is feeling stuffed since I ate them. I did get really hungry an hour before dinner again, but the stuffed feeling was, and actually is still there. I guess the solution is: never again.

Replies

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I used to like gummy candies. Now all I seem to want is chocolate.

I also used to like apples, but I ate too many of them, and now I hate them...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I used to really like Eggos as a kid but they always seem to come out soggy or burnt to a crisp. Making good pancakes or waffles is easy enough.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sharp cheese (except for parmesan). I used to like cheese and now I could take it or leave it. Same with chocolate. It's okay, but I don't go out of my way to have it like I used to. Oh, almost forget... the gluten-free equivalent of almost anything. I have celiac disease so have to have the gf stuff. After eating gf for so many years, the novelty of being able to eat the replacement stuff wore off and I just admitted that I didn't really like it all that much. There's better food to eat.
  • sushiandtea
    sushiandtea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. And them mum grew a gazillion and we had potato for every meal for months... I can't stand them now (unless they're in beef massaman or a good Cornish pasty).
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of candy that no longer tastes good to me. I used to get bags of fruity candy and now I'm always disappointed when I snag a piece of the kids candy and it's just gross. To think of the calories I used to pack away in highly processed items...

Same with a lot of restaurant food. All I taste now is way too much salt or way too much sugar. I'm sure that would be different in finer dining. (I hope)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. And them mum grew a gazillion and we had potato for every meal for months... I can't stand them now (unless they're in beef massaman or a good Cornish pasty).
    LOVE this, although I call it Muslim Beef Curry. Do you have a good recipe that you could share, please?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    cadbury eggs. i think they changed to formula since i was a kid.

which makes me sad because EVERY year i buy one-- HOPING it will be like it used to be :(
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of candy that no longer tastes good to me. I used to get bags of fruity candy and now I'm always disappointed when I snag a piece of the kids candy and it's just gross. To think of the calories I used to pack away in highly processed items...

Same with a lot of restaurant food. All I taste now is way too much salt or way too much sugar. I'm sure that would be different in finer dining. (I hope)

Yup, candy here. As a kid I remember buying a piece of candy after school...from those big 5c per piece jars. But then when I was about 11 or 12, I didnt like them anymore. Then when I was 16 I went to Disneyland, and broke my tooth on a one of those sugar candies on a stick, and didnt have another piece again until a few years ago (so about 20 years no candy)

I drive my daughter crazy with that now, cause I do the same thing..Ill snag a piece of her halloween candy and am all, Ooh I used to love these! And shed be like, youre wasting candy Ma! Youre not going to like it Ma! and I tell her "you dont know me!" eat it anyway, spit it out...rinse, repeat next Halloween. LmFao!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    cadbury eggs. i think they changed to formula since i was a kid.

which makes me sad because EVERY year i buy one-- HOPING it will be like it used to be :(
    It will be half the size it was when you were a kid. Guaranteed.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Cant really do the evangelical born again now im converted nonsense.

Lots of the food I used to enjoy and trough out on tasted nice then like chocolate and crisps and you know what? they still taste nice now.

Would I eat more of them if they werent crammed full of calories? Absolutely.
    I have gone from them being a staple though and eat less of them now. Calories are better spent elsewhere now they are limited and I need my diet to deliver in certain areas.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I used to love Harbio gummy sweets, like the 'friendship rings' etc., yet now I find they all taste the same and the taste only lasts a moment anyway. Doesn't matter what colour one you choose, they all have the same (lack of) taste, and they feel slimy in the mouth. Don't know what I ever saw in them! I go for Maoam chewy candy now, a much nicer texture and lovely distinct flavours. Mmmm dammit, now I want candy......
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,439 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LOVE this, although I call it Muslim Beef Curry. Do you have a good recipe that you could share, please?

Yes, please!
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    milk shakes and soda, now milk shakes just make me sick and I don't like how soda makes me feel. Which is a bummer when it comes to milk shakes though, there's a Blue Moon beer milk shake at Red Robin (at least I hope they still have it), and I'd love to try it, but I might wuss out and just get the beer.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'll eat anything, but I bought these breakfast sausages that I used to eat a LOT and can't really stand now. They must be months old in my freezer now. In general I used to be a really cool breakfast cook, now I don't like any of the stuff that much. When I visit family they sometimes make requests and I can't bring myself to cook the usual at all. Not that it'd even taste good if I did
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I loved Wasabi Almonds for a while, until I bought a whole 10 dollar bag of them and lost the taste for it...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    All the foods I once liked I still like... I now eat more foods that I used to dislike because now I like them.