arm flab

Options
Pls advise how to reduce flab loose skin in the arms

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie defecit to lose body fat and follow a progressive compound lift weight training programme
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will not change skin. Muscle tone will not change skin. If the issue truly lies at the skin level and not excess fatty tissue, surgery (brachioplasty) is the only way to get rid of it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Flab = fat

No?
  • krgathu
    krgathu Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes..I think so..otherwise called butter fly wings the loose skin...In the triceps region
  • ahokrein1227
    ahokrein1227 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    krgathu wrote: »
    Pls advise how to reduce flab loose skin in the arms

• ahokrein1227
    ahokrein1227 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i need the same info and lower stomach is a problem.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Only minor results will be seen with targeted lifting. Some skin will shrink back given time.

What I would like to see more of is body love. It's not like we can photoshop life.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Only minor results will be seen with targeted lifting. Some skin will shrink back given time.

What I would like to see more of is body love. It's not like we can photoshop life.

Why can't you love your body and still work on things like loose skin, strengthening your muscles etc.

Your statement would mean all bodybuilders or people looking to improve their physique have no love for themselves :indifferent:
  • krgathu
    krgathu Posts: 3
    Options
    So are u saying there is no workout n we have to live with this problem
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pilates has help reshape my whole body, triceps included. Blessings.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    It depends. Did you recently lose a lot of weight? How long did it take you to lose that weight?

Here's a good article in regards to loose skin.

http://www.burnthefat.com/loose_skin.html
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    it depends on the severity of the the flab/fat and your genetics. some people no matter what they do will have extra flab or loose skin. if its loose skin most of the time only surgery will fix it again depending on the severity.even though my arms have almost NO fat on them I still have a little bit of the "wing" syndrome. even jillian michaels has wings if you watch her videos,they just arent huge.

you cant spot reduce fat or flab. it comes off where it wants when it wants,Ive been working out for almost 3 years now and I still have some fat on my stomach(no loose skin though) and plenty on my legs and butt.I lift weights and do cardio,hiit,yoga,etc. if you have good elasticity in your skin then its possible everything will go back into place,but thats not always the case. you do what you can do and either have to deal with it, and like I said if bad enough you get surgery. pretty blunt but thats the truth of it.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Hey, I have deep admiration for the body builders. Nevertheless you can't target flab with muscle definition alone.

If a person cannot tolerate their extra skin does that mean they will be dissatisfied with their form their whole lives?

I have relatives like that, great people, would give the shirt off their back. They have passed away now and I have precious few pictures of them. Because they never were happy with how they looked.

It seems a terrible waste of a rich life if you ask me.

Let's take the body builder example again. Let's say they look worlds better today because of the stellar work they have done in a few short years. They are proud of their results, publish a selfie, and collect a modest share of acclaim. But being a builder means they can see where more work will help and they start building a plan to define this muscle group or another.

Go for it! But take a moment to love the body you are in.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    http://youtu.be/CpKDteQ3FIQ

I think this young man is so handsome. See the definition under his skin. Is he happy?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    krgathu wrote: »
    So are u saying there is no workout n we have to live with this problem

No specific workout really. I personally reduced arm fat in that area with a year of weight loss and now three years of body recomposition through a focus on lifting. It took a solid two years of lifting and reducing body fat to feel like the arm flab was gone. With consistency, patience and time working your whole body may lead to a reduction of that arm flab. Good luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Flab = fat

No?

Yep, I call mine turkey gobblers!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif