Why am I so snappy :-( all I wanna do is eat :-(

Options
I'm doing low carb no more than 100g a day and 1200 calories but I feel like I could murder someone im at my wits end and all I want to do is stuff my face!!! Why am I like this???

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have to agressive of a goal per week. You should not be starving maybe a little hungry at first but, not starving.I eat 1200 a day and almost never hungry unless I am bored.
  • nataliejenkins123
    nataliejenkins123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    AmberSue09 wrote: »
    Maybe you have to agressive of a goal per week. You should not be starving maybe a little hungry at first but, not starving.I eat 1200 a day and almost never hungry unless I am bored.
    I'm not hungry, rarely I feel hungry but I 'want' to, I'm seriously craving a huge binge and have no idea why, unfortunately I can't eat fruit or veg so I do eat very little but I'm a picker, I just feel low x thsnks x
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    It may not be a great idea to do low carb and that low cal ...I did and wanted to stab everyone in the face. How long have you been eating low carb?
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    It may not be a great idea to do low carb and that low cal ...I did and wanted to stab everyone in the face. How long have you been eating low carb?
    Really??? Well I'm glad I'm not the only one... I thought pms was bad but this is beyond pms im evil!!!!
    My poor kids!!!
    Ive been strict this week and the week before but been trying to lower for a while I just find it really difficult!!! Everything is high in carbs!!! :-( x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You sound hangry
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    You sound hangry
    Ha!!! I am!!!
  • niragorshia
    niragorshia Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Omg i get angry too wen im hungry or havent eaten enough through out the day.
  • BaileyRoshau
    Options
    I'm doing low carb no more than 100g a day and 1200 calories but I feel like I could murder someone im at my wits end and all I want to do is stuff my face!!! Why am I like this???

Maybe not quite so few calories. That's super tough. You are not alone. I am always hungry too I swear. Give yourself a little more for a while then cut back if you feel the need to :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat more fats? That can knock out the cravings and make sure you are getting a potassium and magnesium supplement and multi vit
  • susang19
    susang19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You sound hangry
    Lol
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options

Maybe not quite so few calories. That's super tough. You are not alone. I am always hungry too I swear. Give yourself a little more for a while then cut back if you feel the need to :)
    Well Id like to lose a few pounds but also doing weights to tone so I'm not really losing anything which is disheartening really but I can see my body changing!
    And if I did up my calories it would be used eating rubbish not good food ha!!! And that's not good x :-1:
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    Maybe eat more fats? That can knock out the cravings and make sure you are getting a potassium and magnesium supplement and multi vit
    Good fats? I take a multivitamin but I'll look into the other two!!! I'm going to end up killing someone soon ha x
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Why did you choose a diet that makes you miserable? It is unnecessary and unsustainable
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Eat more food, and if you don't have a medical condition that makes carbs bad for you, eat more carbs..... Not sure why you would set yourself up for failure, be mean and miserable, and still keep on doing it.....
    I lost over 50 lbs before MFP not even tracking macros, and eatling a lot more than 1200 calories a day......
    You only have 10 lbs to lose and you are starving yourself on 1200 and low carb?.. Your cute kids don't deserve this!
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was angry on low carb too. However it was effective. I dropped weight relatively quick for me. And it broke my sugar habit and my bread habit.

But I felt super anxious. The low potassium can make your heart race. And you can get dehydrated really easily.

Peanut butter helps a lot. High protein, high fat.

I did ease up and allow more carbs. As a vegetarian it was necessary. But my big downfall was I stopped keeping a food diary.

And big lifestyle change will feel weird. Low carb may not be for you. All bodies are different.
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    cj94404 wrote: »
    I was angry on low carb too. However it was effective. I dropped weight relatively quick for me. And it broke my sugar habit and my bread habit.

But I felt super anxious. The low potassium can make your heart race. And you can get dehydrated really easily.

Peanut butter helps a lot. High protein, high fat.

I did ease up and allow more carbs. As a vegetarian it was necessary. But my big downfall was I stopped keeping a food diary.

And big lifestyle change will feel weird. Low carb may not be for you. All bodies are different.
    Thank you for this... Unlike the other 2 posts that are negative!!! Yes I'm noticing a difference and I love peanut butter so I'll try that... I'm going to give it another week and re *kitten* then if nothing's changed!! My brother mentioned I may need a flaxseed oil supplement so I'm looking into that too :-) thanks
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Eat more food, and if you don't have a medical condition that makes carbs bad for you, eat more carbs..... Not sure why you would set yourself up for failure, be mean and miserable, and still keep on doing it.....
    I lost over 50 lbs before MFP not even tracking macros, and eatling a lot more than 1200 calories a day......
    You only have 10 lbs to lose and you are starving yourself on 1200 and low carb?.. Your cute kids don't deserve this!
    Why would anyone set themselves up to fail purposely? As thats certainly not my intention..and I WONT fail... I am within my ideal weight and look slim but I'm carrying a lot of belly fat, in fact ive actually put a little weight on as im training in the gym also...
    I'm an unlucky person that puts weight on very easily and find it very hard to lose... After reasearch ing the best way to get rid of belly fat here is where I am with low carbs and exercise, and my kids are fine thank you very much!!!!!!!!!
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    Why did you choose a diet that makes you miserable? It is unnecessary and unsustainable

Ive always counted calories finding it the easiest way to control my weight. Even tho I'm slim I have a lot of fat around my middle which is stubborn and the advice ive been given is the exercise programme that I'm following plus the low carb.. As it's the hardest place to lose fat from.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A low carb diet will do that to you. Instead of cutting carbs out completely, focus on eating high quality carbs...like whole grains, fruits, vegetables. Carbs are the most important energy source for the body!
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    Runcakes wrote: »
    A low carb diet will do that to you. Instead of cutting carbs out completely, focus on eating high quality carbs...like whole grains, fruits, vegetables. Carbs are the most important energy source for the body!
    My problem is that I can't tolerate fruit and veg :-(