sbarro caesar salad

Options
kath711
kath711 Posts: 712 Member
Has anyone ever eaten and put in calories for Sbarro Pizza caesar side salad. I couldn't find it here and went on the internet and it listed it as 80 calories with the dressing. Does that sound correct? It sounds low to me but it is a small salad. I kind of thought that type of dressing has more calories. Sbarro does not have their nutrition guide up yet.
Thanks!

Replies

• KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Has anyone ever eaten and put in calories for Sbarro Pizza caesar side salad. I couldn't find it here and went on the internet and it listed it as 80 calories with the dressing. Does that sound correct? It sounds low to me but it is a small salad. I kind of thought that type of dressing has more calories. Sbarro does not have their nutrition guide up yet.
    Thanks!

What were the fat grams? I agree, it sounds pretty low. I've heard cesar salad can be as bad as a BigMac because of all the fat in the dressing...I'd do a bit more research.

I live in NYC where all restaurants with more than 7 locations (I think that's the magic number, somewhere around there...) have to post the calorie info on the menu board. It's out of control when you actually see how many calories are in some of the fast food :noway:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    if you only had a small amount of dressing it could be right....when i think something is low, i just double the serving size so i know im not putting too little up....
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Thanks!

What were the fat grams? I agree, it sounds pretty low. I've heard cesar salad can be as bad as a BigMac because of all the fat in the dressing...I'd do a bit more research.

I live in NYC where all restaurants with more than 7 locations (I think that's the magic number, somewhere around there...) have to post the calorie info on the menu board. It's out of control when you actually see how many calories are in some of the fast food :noway:

I think that should be required everywhere... but that's a whole other topic...
  • kath711
    Options
    I actually wrote them an e-mail after I tried the nutritional area of their website. It says "under construction" but it was like that a couple months ago when I ate there last. Makes you wonder ...
    I'll probably just estimate it using an average of other restaurants.
    Thanks!
  • StevenCabral
    StevenCabral Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I Was just there today, although the small side salad may be 60 - 80 calories the ceasar dressing alone is 230 calories.
    It's right in the envelope it comes in. I excluded the dressing from the salad. The slice of pizza had enough calories in it.
  • kath711
    Options
    Thanks! That's a lot of calories but it is the best caesar dressing!
  • kath711
    Options
    Thanks! That's a lot of calories but it is the best caesar dressing!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Found this while looking for Sbarro calorie information.

Burn Off The Calories

* You could burn off the 80 calories from this Caesar Salad in a variety of ways:
    * Manicure - receiving for 71 minutes
    * TreadClimber - resistance 12 @ 3 mph for 10 minutes
    * Frisbee - general for 24 minutes
    * Reading - sitting for 54 minutes
    * Climbing - ladder for 9 minutes
    * This is based on your weight of 150 lbs
    Update Your Weight

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/sbarro/caesar-salad/#ixzz1MIIfwC21

So........................you can have the Caesar salad, and then just go quietly read a book and burn off all those pesky calories? Yeah, right! And to think I've just been wasting time at the gym when I could have gone for a series of manicures! ROFL