The Daniel plan-who wants to join?

Options
Hi I'm starting the Daniel plan 40 days to a heather life. Would love to get others to take the journey with me

Replies

• Krisjim26
    Krisjim26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley. I am intrigued...I want to lose 40 pounds in time for a cruise in June... well maybe that isn't realistic but if I lost 20 pounds even, I know I'd be happy! I'm a Christian. I've always known that my addiction to food is a sin and there is only one way to stop and that is with God's help. Would enjoy having a friend to do this journey with - my husband is another.
    -
  • Chrgerhino
    Options
    Let's start
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Uh...what is it?
  • Chrgerhino
    Options
  • Krisjim26
    Krisjim26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/mwest/110124

This article is critical of the Daniel plan...I would like to find something.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    no.
  • Jenaonfire
    Jenaonfire Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is it bad?? Why all the negativity? I just bought the book but haven't read it.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    A diet plan specifically for Christians?

Ok, I'm out.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Chrgerhino wrote: »
    Dr. Oz is involved.......so I'm out!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
  • SDranchwife
    Options
    I'm doing the fitness part of the Daniel plan with several friends! It's awesome! Circuit style with various intensity options. Great for us moms. We meet right after dropping kids off at school. And I LOVE that it incorporates Christian foundations. Reminds me why I should be healthy. Also when it gets hard, I know I can get my strength from The Lord.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. no.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Chrgerhino wrote: »
    Dr. Oz is involved.......so I'm out!

Agreed... :#

• bhealthy1516
    bhealthy1516 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yea, no, not a Christian here.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine does this three times per year. Every single time she loses the weight and every single time she gains it back plus more. Just track your food and watch your calories.

Good luck with your journey.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Is the Daniel plan different than the fast? I did the Daniel Fast during Lent but not for weight loss. It was a great way to go deeper in my faith. I may have lost 1 pound in the 21 days, but made strides in meditation and prayer. Loads of planning and it can be tough if you're the only one doing it in your home. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My university has a group for college students doing the Daniel Plan, and it must be popular since they keep bringing it around. I've heard mixed results, but there's so many reasons for that--even things like the person didn't actually want to get any closer to God, they just wanted to shed weight with their friends' DP group. Definitely write a review once you've finished it!
  • LeanLisa4U
    LeanLisa4U Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am interested in starting. When are you begining? I have the book and videos. I even have the journal.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Did any of you wind up doing this? I'm just curious how it is working. I'm participating it in it now, but am not sure if I'm truly "on the Daniel Plan" or not. I am doing a study on the Book of Daniel and have had a horrific time losing weight due to PCOS and uterine fibroids. I just really felt led by the Lord to do this as a way of helping my body. If I lose weight, then some of these issues can be eradicated, but it's very difficult to lose weight with these conditions. Today is only Day 2 but what I've noticed is that I already feel better. Yesterday I ate a large quantity of food that was very heavy on vegetables. I found myself full to the point of being unable to finish my supper and I stayed full for the rest of the night. That NEVER happens! My plan is only to do this for 10 days, as Daniel initially suggested, and then continue on with it if I still like it. I suspect this could be a permanent lifestyle change for me! It's basically just clean eating--or at least the way I'm doing it since I'm not familiar with anything except the Bible text. FYI--The original Hebrew word for "vegetable" in the scriptures is actually a word that means "anything that grows from a root", so Daniel likely was not eating just veggies. He was eating veggies, fruits, grains, etc. That's what I'm doing.
  • sueinindy
    sueinindy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining. I did the Daniel Plan back at the beginning of 2013 and not only lost weight, but felt better than I had ever felt and was even saving money because I was no longer eating out...the kids were thrilled that I was cooking all of the time. I am extremely motivated to start again and would love to join in with everyone.