How many steps a day are you accumulating?

Options
2»

Replies

• karinagw
    karinagw Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just got my fitbit 2.5 days ago and I, on purpose, did nothing to change my daily routine just to get a baseline. Without working at it in ANY way whatsoever, I do between 3-4K per day. Tomorrow I begin working at it in earnest.
  • krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I try to stick to 7k/day as long as I work out on that day. Non workout days I try to do 10k+.
  • clubbybear
    clubbybear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Usually about 11,000 - 13,000 a day. Best day a little over 17,000. I've only had my Fitbit Zip for about 3 weeks, but I make sure I get a least 10,000 a day. I can see I wasn't doing that prior to getting the Fitbit.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My "official" goal is at least 10,000 steps per day but I generally do 12K-15K daily and a bit more on days that I don't go to the gym.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My average is 17572. My highest was just the other day at 23180.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    My average is 17572. My highest was just the other day at 23180.

That does include my exercise though.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. It's cool to see what others are doing. Now that I have my bad knee in working order again I have made an effort to increase my minimum at least each month. I suffered with a terrible pain and immobility in my left knee for a few years. I finally decided it had to be a baker's cyst from all I was able to find on this pain. The dr was useless when I sought diagnosis and treatment. In an effort to just do less sitting I took the chair away from my desk and put the computer on an elevated surface so I could easily use it while standing. I realized about 2-3 months later that my knee has improved by 100%. It is my personal opinion that sitting too long and often was causing a recurring cyst. Now that the pain is gone I am able to do some real exercise. It sure does feel good!
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm quite stubborn and try to get my 10,000 every day. I may miss one day a week if I have my rest day on the weekend though. On those days, it might be around 4,000 and other days about 10,000-15,000.
  • Emnelltt
    Emnelltt Posts: 14
    Options
    I aim for 10K but have a desk job. I work in a hospital as an educator so some days I get up to the floor a lot. But I can definitely tell when I am "desking" too much and get only 5K or less on a bad day.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Normally around 20000, I have dogs that need one long walk per day. I also run, so today I clocked 40k.
  • llynn1976
    llynn1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Around 22,500 a day. My highest day was was 28,600.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    my highest is 32k

I aim for 20-25k daily.
  • I_am_WonderWoman
    I_am_WonderWoman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When not running, usually 10,000-14,000.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I take it off for running and exercise, but I got a basic pedometer this week and have been 7000-11000 steps every day. And I thought I was sedentary.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    13,000ish. Perks of working in a restaurant lol
  • Gradschoolwatch
    Gradschoolwatch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    10,000 - 12,000. I am usually glued to my desk.