IT could be your last MEAL!

Options

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    gavacho661 wrote: »
    and can afford an organic pantry......then that's awesome. And I'm sincerely happy for you. But I like pizza and chips and and beer among other things. All I'm saying is that if your eating little a rabbit and hate it then don't do it. IT could your last MEAL. We were meant to enjoy eating, so eat what you want and work out harder! And longer! And more frequently! That's what I do and I've lost 6 lbs in under two weeks.

If I knew it was my last meal and that I would die shortly after, I would eat chocolate (lots of it), and onion rings (lots of them as well). Well actually I would die if I did this since I'm allergic to both chocolate and onions.....
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. I didn't like the drunk, high, literacy reference. But all good, if everyone is good with it.
  • gavacho661
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for the OP now. Maybe he had an epiphany and was excited to share :smile:

Perhaps!

We may never

No....you will know....she is absolutely 100% correct. And thank you for saying so.

Please elaborate.

Christinev297, what she suggested may be my motive for this post is correct.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    and can afford an organic pantry......then that's awesome. And I'm sincerely happy for you. But I like pizza and chips and and beer among other things. All I'm saying is that if your eating little a rabbit and hate it then don't do it. IT could your last MEAL. We were meant to enjoy eating, so eat what you want and work out harder! And longer! And more frequently! That's what I do and I've lost 6 lbs in under two weeks.

If I knew it was my last meal and that I would die shortly after, I would eat chocolate (lots of it), and onion rings (lots of them as well). Well actually I would die if I did this since I'm allergic to both chocolate and onions.....

HaHa I would have a huge surf n turf with loads of Lobster and prawns :bigsmile:

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    apple173 wrote: »
    I like this thread. I didn't like the drunk, high, literacy reference. But all good, if everyone is good with it.

cheers!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    So is the question "what wold be your last meal be if you knew it was going to be your last meal"? If that is the case I am going to say Long John Silver because I have never eaten there, it looks cool, and that would put the pressure on them seeing how they will be fixing a man his last meal.
  • gavacho661
    Options
    I didn't think he was drunk.

i don't either. I think it could be a literacy problem.

I wasn't assuming drunk...as much as high.

(please feel free to report this post if it offends)

He has litracy problem and high where the fark do people slither from to make assumptions?

Eh report yorself if it offends you.
    Thank you for your support :-)
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I would eat to be honest.
  • gavacho661
    Options

I don't if that was supposed to make me laugh but it did. Thanks for sharing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited March 2015
    Options

If THAT were the actual question: regardless of diet, regardless of health, IFF I were going to die after this meal?
    Yeah, lots of pizza. As much pizza as I wanted. A big filet mignon. A bottle of really nice sauvignon blanc. And whatever else I craved at that moment.

That said, based on his follow up posts, I don't think that was the oddly worded point of the OP. I think he was getting at: do something you can sustain.

If so, I agree.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I agree that we should eat good and satisfying food.

At the same time, food should not be used as a reward. We are not "treating" ourselves by eating whatever we want, whenever we want--really, that is self-abuse. It's pretty normal in US culture, but it isn't a good thing. If food is a very large percentage of the pleasure that you have in your life, that's something to re-evaluate.

On an entirely unrelated note, I HATE the word Gavacho/a. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Sorry gavacho661...I don't understand why anyone would ever call himself this!
  • ncboiler89
    edited March 2015
    Options

At the same time, food should not be used as a reward. We are not "treating" ourselves by eating whatever we want, whenever we want--really, that is self-abuse.

This is our last meal....ever. Do the consequences really matter?
  • Amanda4change
    edited March 2015
    Options

If THAT were the actual question: regardless of diet, regardless of health IFF I were going to die after this meal?
    Yeah, lots of pizza. As much pizza as I wanted. A big filet mignon. A bottle of really nice sauvignon blanc. And whatever else I craved at that moment.

That said, based on his follow up posts, I don't think that was the oddly worded point of the OP. I think he was getting at: do something you can sustain.

If so, I agree.

I should have been clearer in my comment, in that these are the only things I don't eat (for obvious reasons). Anything else I want I fit in my daily calorie goals, since I'm down 30 pounds and losing 1-2 pounds a week it's working and it's something I find sustainable.

OP: totally fine that it made you laugh, it was meant to be funny in a twisted ironic sort of way (yes I have a weird sense of humor)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

If THAT were the actual question: regardless of diet, regardless of health IFF I were going to die after this meal?

If so, I agree.

I should have been clearer in my comment, in that these are the only things I don't eat (for obvious reasons). Anything else I want I fit in my daily calorie goals, since I'm down 30 pounds and losing 1-2 pounds a week it's working and it's something I find sustainable.

OP: totally fine that it made you laugh, it was meant to be funny
    You're allergic to both? bummer! Glad you've found what works for you!
  • Amanda4change
    Options

If so, I agree.

Yup I'm allergic to both, chocolate causes me to break out in blistering sores (though if I take enough benedryl I can cheat a little bit), however onions cause my airway to swell shut. It's so much fun being out on a first date and eating a hidden onion in your dish ( that happened on the very first date with my husband).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

At the same time, food should not be used as a reward. We are not "treating" ourselves by eating whatever we want, whenever we want--really, that is self-abuse.

This is our last meal....ever. Do the consequences really matter?

If you really KNOW that it is, go nuts!

I was once in a position of being told that I was going to die. One of the things that popped into my head was that I was sad I hadn't had ceviche recently. So I guess I fail at "unhealthy last meal." :)
  • ncboiler89
    Options

I was once in a position of being told that I was going to die.

Do tell
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

If so, I agree.

Yup I'm allergic to both, chocolate causes me to break out in blistering sores (though if I take enough benedryl I can cheat a little bit), however onions cause my airway to swell shut. It's so much fun being out on a first date and eating a hidden onion in your dish ( that happened on the very first date with my husband).
    I bet he is the perfect man for you! Glad you can cheat from time to time with chocolate!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would wind up not eating anything for indecision. There are too many really great dishes from which to choose.

Like, would you go for a comfort food, something nostalgic? Or something decadent/unusual? Would you try to replicate an amazing meal you had once? What if it disappointed? Yeah, I'd probably wind up sitting it out, hungry :/
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    I would wind up not eating anything for indecision. There are too many really great dishes from which to choose.

Like, would you go for a comfort food, something nostalgic? Or something decadent/unusual? Would you try to replicate an amazing meal you had once? What if it disappointed? Yeah, I'd probably wind up sitting it out, hungry :/

How about all of them?