Secrets Should Be Told....

Options
DarkAngel864
DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
So, all my wonderful friends know my birthday just passed, and my oldest, best girlfriend gave me a Post Secret book. If you don't know what that is, it was started by a man who lost his wife to suicide. In her parting note, she admitted to secrets she thought would make her unlovable, and felt suicide was the only way out.

Since then, he has launched his personal site, http://www.postsecret.com/, and published 3 books. Some are sad, some are funny, some are thoughtful. It is pretty common that when you receive a book like that, there may be a secret someone has left in there along the way to your hands. I flipped through and sure enough, on a gas station receipt there was a note: To the person who receives this book, I pray everyday he figures out it is me who loves him most.'

So, I propose that we do this. Open your mind and release the burden of secrets. Message me or one of your friends, or even a complete stranger and tell a secret that you want to get off your chest. Anything to make you feel more free to go on :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    wow...beautiful!!!!!!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Beautiful my girl!!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I wish I was an open enough person to open up! Man, I am bottle everything, makes me feel safe. I opened up once to someone I thought was my best friend in the world, like a sister, only to have her tell a lot of people what I had to say. So I guess in a way that is the secret to why I am so closed.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Sounds quite interesting. A dying last wish... that was never granted.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    See... this is what I speak when I say I KNOW your heart!! I can see your soul... and I love you for it !! I hope you know that?
    It sings to me this song and stays in my ears for days on end.... my beautiful angel.... who is so much more than meets the eye and for that I love you!! xo
  • DarkAngel864
    Options
    I wish I was an open enough person to open up! Man, I am bottle everything, makes me feel safe. I opened up once to someone I thought was my best friend in the world, like a sister, only to have her tell a lot of people what I had to say. So I guess in a way that is the secret to why I am so closed.

I hate that someone betrayed your trust, especially since you're such a loyal friend. I understand your need to keep your own secrets. Do what makes you feel safe :heart:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

I'm the same way, Soss. At least with certain subjects. There are some things you can't get me to shut up about, but on other more personal things, it can be tough. One thing I pride myself in, is that what is said to me in confidence, stays with me. Unfortunately, I do not bear that same trust upon others. At least not all the time.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. I wish I trusted someone enough here to share secrets with!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I was actually rendered speechless when I read that.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm a lesbian, trapped in a man's body.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options

I had that happen more than once....so everything you stated.....is how i feel to!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I actually did open up to a good friend this morning about something I am insecure about.
    I felt vulnerable and weak in the moment but it was good to get it out.
    I love that friend even more now for listening.....:heart:
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Love the idea and think its beautiful.

Happy to say I dont have anny real secrets, a side form the ones I'm keeping for others ofc I have always been able to speak my mind freely and can almost always awnser without lying or having to hide something. Always pref to be honest and confront people or problems head on =)
  • DarkAngel864
    Options
    Its an odd thing, and a scary thing to release secrets. Even if you don't tell people, maybe write it on a note and leave it somewhere....

I've followed this guy's work for years. It's riveting!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful legacy
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Beautiful topic by a beautiful person.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    your post made me cry. that is so touching. by the way, Happy Belated Birthday!!!
  • redtrain
    redtrain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    this is a deep thread and i believe it has already been said but....trust. To trust someone enough to let things out. I cant imagine how vulnerable i would feel. even to an anonymous stranger. this is were I think girls are a little tougher than guys.
  • JennMuc
    JennMuc Posts: 70
    Options
    I had never heard of Post Secret before and spent the last few minutes reading that website you posted. Thank you for sharing. I, too, am a private person. I have been hurt more than once by people I trusted. While I am in awe of the secrets shared, it is not something I would do. The last time I told someone (the love of my life) my secret it ended badly. My heart still hurts and misses him dearly. Anyway...beautiful gift, and beautiful sentiment.