Size 0, 8 years later.

Options
2»

Replies

• themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    Good job, but you've really gotta realize that this is a forum filled with thousands of people losing weight, and hundreds being super successful at it. I, for one, generally don't look past the first sentence of a post in Success Stories unless there are pictures. Not because I don't think people's successes are awesome, but because I am a visual person, and it's hard for me to connect unless I can actually see it with my own two eyes. I don't have all the time in the world, so I usually look through threads quickly, find a couple I connect with, and comment just on those... while still giving silent kudos to and being inspired by all the other threads I remained silent in.

Again, this is a really awesome job done and I'm very happy for you... but coming back into the thread with such snark and entitlement really put me, and evidently others, off.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3ukweg.jpg
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Indeed...Im even hesitant to even say anything now that you've turned all hostile.

Regardless...that is a wonderful NSV..definitely something to be proud about.

But yeah, getting emotional over your response rate, not cool.

• Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    heronh wrote: »
    What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
    Confucius
    How about the man who wants to belittle others for looking for encouragement on a forum that is all about looking for encouragement?

Thank you to those of you who have offered a little pat on the back. That's all I was looking for. No more or less than others on here. No drama- just encouragement- the same things others here are looking for. To celebrate a success. To those of you who feel the need to get preachy, I'm sure there's a church service you can find today- go sell it to someone who's interested in your judgement.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done! That's huge! Good that you kept some old clothes. Being able to wear some item that you loved is the best feeling! How long did it take you to achieve this? Could you share a little about your routine? I would love some tips that I could use. I seem to have hit a plateau after losing 22 pounds and going down 2 dress sizes. At the moment I'm 168 pounds on. 5ft 5in frame, so I still have a lot to lose.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am hesitant even posting this, because I don't want no trouble :p But to OP I think you misunderstood the quote that quote's meaning is supposed to be a positive quote about self validation. To not need any external validation because what you seek is in yourself.) A lot of chinese quotes are "lost in translation")
    That's what I wanted to express to you, that you don't need others to tell you how well you've done YOU know it! heck you see it in the mirror.
    Note to self: never use that quote again lol because now I can see how it can be misinterpreted, sigh
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Heron- I see now and yes I misunderstood- thank you for clarifying:)
    -priya- I struggle with chronic Lyme disease so I'm not doing any exercise currently- I do exercise as I'm able, but i can have periods of 3-6 weeks when I'm not able to do much. Which means my success is 100% about diet. I used MFPs guidelines to set cals for me. I started at 1240 a day, and then it moved me down to 1200 within 2-4 weeks. I cook 99% of our meals- I wasn't a cook before a I decided to take control of my weight, which means anyone else can do it too! I also work long hours- 10-12 hour days, so really- it's doable.

I don't eat 1200 cal a day, instead I keep 1200 in mind, but I pay attention to my past 7 day cal counts. This allows me to eat things I love- yesterday I had ice cream, pie and bacon - and balance it out with a day like today, where I will probably eat only around 900 calories to balance the high day yesterday.

I live eating a good dinner at night- breakfast and lunch are eaten alone, so I tend to try and save most if my cals for nighttime when hubby and I can enjoy them together. I eat the same breakfast every day for ease, and usually have leftovers or a quick wrap for lunch.

I drink a ton of water and herbal tea every day.

No foods are off limits.

I make sure to get plenty of protein+fat.

I menu plan and grocery shop once a week.

I always make sure to have healthy filling snacks around- hummus, peanut butter, fruit, plain single serve Greek yogurt, grape tomatoes.

Most important thing that has helped me is to let go of a need for this to go a particular way at a particular speed.

I'm allowing myself to cook really crappy meals. If something is bad, I just don't make it again.
    Same with my weight. I want to see the scale move, but if it doesn't that's ok, I'm doing what I need to do and the weight will come off in itme- sometimes in 2-3 week stalls and starts.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    Heron- I see now and yes I misunderstood- thank you for clarifying:)
    -priya- I struggle with chronic Lyme disease so I'm not doing any exercise currently- I do exercise as I'm able, but i can have periods of 3-6 weeks when I'm not able to do much. Which means my success is 100% about diet. I used MFPs guidelines to set cals for me. I started at 1240 a day, and then it moved me down to 1200 within 2-4 weeks. I cook 99% of our meals- I wasn't a cook before a I decided to take control of my weight, which means anyone else can do it too! I also work long hours- 10-12 hour days, so really- it's doable.

I don't eat 1200 cal a day, instead I keep 1200 in mind, but I pay attention to my past 7 day cal counts. This allows me to eat things I love- yesterday I had ice cream, pie and bacon - and balance it out with a day like today, where I will probably eat only around 900 calories to balance the high day yesterday.

I live eating a good dinner at night- breakfast and lunch are eaten alone, so I tend to try and save most if my cals for nighttime when hubby and I can enjoy them together. I eat the same breakfast every day for ease, and usually have leftovers or a quick wrap for lunch.

I drink a ton of water and herbal tea every day.

No foods are off limits.

I make sure to get plenty of protein+fat.

I menu plan and grocery shop once a week.

I always make sure to have healthy filling snacks around- hummus, peanut butter, fruit, plain single serve Greek yogurt, grape tomatoes.

Most important thing that has helped me is to let go of a need for this to go a particular way at a particular speed.

I'm allowing myself to cook really crappy meals. If something is bad, I just don't make it again.
    Same with my weight. I want to see the scale move, but if it doesn't that's ok, I'm doing what I need to do and the weight will come off in itme- sometimes in 2-3 week stalls and starts.

Thanks so much for all the info. This is really good advice. You're totally right about home cooked meals. I believe they make a lot of difference. Thanks again!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    congrats and your plan sounds fantastic. Wish you lots of success and good luck with your future goals!!
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    well done on your loss. im glad im not the only one who eats pretty much the same breakfast each week. usually cereal but i'll throw something different in now and then. it works for me too. if i have an over indulgent day, i eat better the day after to account for it.
    i have disabilities that stop me from exercising so i put more effort into the eating side of things.
    a fab result, you must be made up. i love the feeling of putting clothes on that didn't previously fit. i lost my weight in 2012 and was able to put on the clothes i dated my husband in ~ such a fab feeling :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!