do u eat boca burgers??

Options
I want to add some new stuff to my grocery list and I was curious if u eat boca burgers and if they r any good...am I better off eating a turkey burger?? I want to stay away from processed foods and not sure what's even in the boca...thank u:))

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend Sunshine Burgers over Boca if you're going to go the meatless route. Boca's are super processed and aren't that great for you. Sunshine are amazing, all natural, whole foods ingredients, and super delicious.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Looks like this page has ingredients and nutrition facts:
    http://www.bocaburger.com/products/boca-burgers.aspx

Here are the ingredients for "Original Vegan 10 Oz"
    Ingredients: WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF METHYLCELLULOSE, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, DRIED ONIONS, YEAST EXTRACT, SESAME OIL, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR (NON-MEAT), DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE.
  • deboyd5004
    deboyd5004 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Original Vegan Boca Burgers. They're only 70 calories and can be microwaved. I like to take them for lunch because it's simple and easy.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bocca burgers! They r a great alternative to a beef burger. Turkey burgers are great too but tend to be dry especially if u eat the 98%fat free turkey. I sometimes even put some turkey bacon and fat free cheese slice on my burger to make it special!
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    yes i love them! theyre so much better than gardenburgers.
  • lashleyrivera
    lashleyrivera Posts: 165
    Options
    well I don't think I will go the boca route then...if I can't pronounce the words they r no good haha. Ill take a look at sunshine burgers...and maybe use boca when I'm having a cheat day
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend Sunshine Burgers over Boca if you're going to go the meatless route. Boca's are super processed and aren't that great for you. Sunshine are amazing, all natural, whole foods ingredients, and super delicious.

Thank you sweetie. I am going to have to try those. :smile:
  • kristie778
    kristie778 Posts: 51
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for many years and have tried lots of different types of veggie burgers...Morningstar Grillers original are my favorite! They have 130 calories and 15 g protein and taste good. I'm not a fan of vegan grillers. I also like Boca burgers, but I think they have more of a soy flavor to them. Which is ok...they remind me a little of McDonald's hamburger (or at least what they used to taste like - haven't tried them in years!)
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    the boca burgers are OK...
    i LOVE the morning star orginal grillers burger. they are way better than an other burger substitute! :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I like boca burgers, and so does my 10 year old. The other ones that I found that I really like are pizza burgers by morning star. They are yummy! Hope this helps.
  • Bob_Sugar
    Bob_Sugar Posts: 61
    Options
    I really like the jennie-Os seasoned turkey burgers (green label, not blue).
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    well I don't think I will go the boca route then...if I can't pronounce the words they r no good haha. Ill take a look at sunshine burgers...and maybe use boca when I'm having a cheat day

Ingredients:
    Ground raw sun-flower seeds
    Brown rice
    Carrots
    Herbs
    Sea Salt

Those are the ONLY ingredients in the Sunshine Original burger....MUCH better for you!
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    in all honestly i would stick with the turkey a 4 oz ground butterball ground turkey burger is only 120 calories. boca burgers are anywhere from about 110-140 (i know it differs depending on what kind you get) when it comes down to it the boca burger has added sodium and filler and really isn't much healthier in my opionion only tastes edible if you eat it loaded with pickles and ketchup and mustard so i say stick with turkey or ground chicken burgers can be yummy too with a little ranch dressin mmmm
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you have a Costco in your area, I'm a big fan of the Don Lee Farms all natural veggie burger. none of the stuff you can't pronounce, and they taste great!
  • adougherty10
    Options
    I've never heard of sunshine burgers, what stores can they be found in?

I really like the morning crumbles - I use them to replace ground beef in recipes - my dad (who is the biggest carnivore you'll ever meet) even likes them. If he is having my family over for chili or tacos or whatever, he'll use these & everyone loves it!
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    I've never heard of sunshine burgers, what stores can they be found in?

I really like the morning crumbles - I use them to replace ground beef in recipes - my dad (who is the biggest carnivore you'll ever meet) even likes them. If he is having my family over for chili or tacos or whatever, he'll use these & everyone loves it!

The Sunshine Burgers are usually found in any grocery store where they keep all the other meatless burgers, usually with the Boca, Morningstar, and other brands. They are my absolute favorite.
  • AliCat2705
    AliCat2705 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hungry Girl has an awesome recipe for a cheeseburger quesadilla that I make all the time, its under 200 calories and its amazing and it uses boca burgers! I love them!
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    Morningstar veggie burgers are delicious!
  • lashleyrivera
    lashleyrivera Posts: 165
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure ill have to try all of them now haha
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I finally caved in and bought a small food processor. I make my own veggie burgers. Choice of beans, for me either black beans, red kidney beans or chick peas, rice (red, black, brown or wild), or oats and whatever aromatics I feel like, onions, celery, carrots & garlic usually. Cook the aromatics till soft then mix the rice, beans and veg in the food processor. I have plastic tupperware hamburger molds that I use to form the patties. I make a batch every couple of weeks and pop them in the fridge. Much cheaper than buying them and I control the sodium level. My fav is a black bean/corn mix using wild rice.