excess skin anyone? am i the only one?

Options
:'(

Replies

• blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wow that is one impressive weight loss! I could learn a lot from you. dont worry about the skin too much, look at it as your battle scars! you did great :)
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people that can't wait to have excess skin. Agreed, look at it as a daily reminder of your hard work and success!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of excess skin! totally grosses me out :( I won't let my husband see me without a shirt on.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. On my way to losing 150 lb and I can see I will have that issue. At some point we will need to accept that, and I already do.
  • sameoldsweety
    sameoldsweety Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine is so bad THE DOCTOR told me only plastic surgery would get rid of that. Considering I don't get paid to look good, I think I'm just gonna learn to love what I got and be grateful for all the amazing things this flabby body can do.
  • juliedee20
    juliedee20 Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I didn't have a lot of problems with my excess skin (due to pregnancies) until I turned 50; my skin is now losing all its elasticity. Now when I bend over it hangs (ugh). I can't afford surgery so it will just have to stay. What helps me deal with it is actually thinking about my husband. He lost 100 lbs and has a lot of excess sagging skin and it doesn't turn me off at all. I love the man, and I'm proud of him for all the efforts he put forth to lose the weight and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have tons of excess skin in my stomach. I have had a consultation for a tummy tuck. I feel its worth the money. Ive got 20lb till goal then I will first tone up what I can
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a lot of problems with my excess skin (due to pregnancies) until I turned 50; my skin is now losing all its elasticity. Now when I bend over it hangs (ugh). I can't afford surgery so it will just have to stay. What helps me deal with it is actually thinking about my husband. He lost 100 lbs and has a lot of excess sagging skin and it doesn't turn me off at all. I love the man, and I'm proud of him for all the efforts he put forth to lose the weight and maintain a healthier lifestyle.

This ^^^
  • AmyTCaldwell
    AmyTCaldwell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I thank you all for letting me know that I'm not alone,I was beginning to wonder,I see all of these beautiful women with flat six pack abs,and washboard abs, and I say to my self,damn I wish I could look like that.why did I eat so much then,why didn't any one ever tell me to stop eating after my first portion, why did I keep eating until,I couldn't eat any more. I know I've come along way,and I'm thankful. From 286 lbs to 112.4 today. I'm still trying to tone. T25 is helping a lot.I'll be starting my 5th week tomorrow. Thanks .you all made me feel better.god bless all.:-)
  • stephxfit
    stephxfit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I thank you all for letting me know that I'm not alone,I was beginning to wonder,I see all of these beautiful women with flat six pack abs,and washboard abs, and I say to my self,damn I wish I could look like that.why did I eat so much then,why didn't any one ever tell me to stop eating after my first portion, why did I keep eating until,I couldn't eat any more. I know I've come along way,and I'm thankful. From 286 lbs to 112.4 today. I'm still trying to tone. T25 is helping a lot.I'll be starting my 5th week tomorrow. Thanks .you all made me feel better.god bless all.:-)

Oh hon, I know exactly what you mean :( so many regrets, wishing I had stopped gaining months or years ago. It helps to put it in perspective when I remember that at least I still have my health, and a lot of opportunity for improvement. Also, seriously the most beautiful, authentic people I've known did not have perfect bodies. It's a good lesson in letting go of vanity, that's for sure :)
  • dawn007413
    dawn007413 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amy, do you really only consume 5-800 calories a day?
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think thats just what shes logging. All the estimates seem low so it's most likely she's eating a lot more.
  • AmyTCaldwell
    Options
    Yes, calorie depravation, is something I have to do unfortunately, cancer has spread,and chrones disease ain't getting any better, I've worked so hard to get where I'm at, and when the good lord wants me,he is more than welcome to take me home.I'll be ready when he is.:-) when you have cancer ya just don't feel like eating,meds really take a tool on me but hey I'm not a quitter. I'm still going strong.:-) :-) :-)
  • FreedomMK2131
    FreedomMK2131 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also have some excess skin around my stomach, hips, and thighs. . . plus a ridiculous amount of stretch marks. I used to think I wanted surgery to remove the skin, but I have recently decided to just accept it and write it off as a closed chapter of my life. If excess skin is causing health issues like lesions decreased mobility, then I think surgery would be a good option. I hope you recover as soon as possible, my best friend also has Chrone's. Best wishes to you!
  • AmyTCaldwell
    Options
    Thanks. I had a ulcer under my skin yeah I could stick half of my pointer finger in it, then it got bigger,had to pack it with a what they call "rope tape".clean it with sterilized water,and gauze,it finally healed,a while back. I'm a good candidate for a tummy tuck,but can't afford it.I have no health insurance.but... I'm learning to accept it,this old flesh ain't going to heaven with me.:-) :-) :-) :-)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Your very brave and your right..in heaven we all get a new body. I am sorry to hear you have cancer..eat as clean as possible to help your body and keep on fighting..I have major inflammation throughout my body and an array of other issues due to an antibody problem so I can totally relate..yesterday I swelled back up, looked like a bull frog and had an out of the blue reaction to my meds..as far as loose skin goes there are things that help, drinking more water, moisturizing, and time. You can do this..dont give up and love your body.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    of course not
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!