gaining weight 1 pound at a time

Options
dbobb77
dbobb77 Posts: 7 Member
I have been using this app for about 5 weeks now and have gained 4.5 pounds in that time frame. 90% of it being muslce with very little fat gain. Im not new to body building nor creating meal plans but since i have been eating cleaner, increased carbs and higher protein intake, the weight comes a lot more easily without having to cut weight later. This app has allowed me to have a better break down knowledge of my carb and protein ratios. Decreasing sugars, fats and sodiums, one pound a week is easily somple5to add. My weight today is at 150lbs..my goal weight for now, 170-175lbs, hopefully able to so a body building competition show next year. If i can clean up my eating and gain the weight, any one can. My first 10 pounds ever took me almost 8 months to gain and that was 15 years ago. Messing around with the idea of being 175lbs motivates me since i love how the body can be transformed into something bigger and better.

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    What?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That's not quite how things work, but I'm glad you are motivated. Good luck.
  • dbobb77
    dbobb77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trust me it does work...i have been doing this for a while..a long while actually. I used to eat everything and anything to gain weight but would burn through calories easily. Gaining weight was the hardest thing to do. With being active in sports, running and etc...just wasnt happening.
    I know ppl will doubt what i say or debate whatever...however everyone's body responds differently. My body fat is between 7-9% down from 10-13% a few years ago. I only cared about gaining weight not the type of weight. I was just happy to gain. Being 37 and still have the metabolism of that of a young 20 something helps also.
    So yes it does work. I get that everything is science when it comes to bodybuilding or weight lifting. However, my fat intake is below normal, my protein intake is high and my carbs are double. So this is the healthiest eating habit i have had in many years so when i state that one pound a week with minimal fat gain, trust that. I have proof to back this. Again, i wont debate this nor begin to argue by any means.
    I know what i have accomplished in a month. Im saying this is possible
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in...to find out how I can get a 90% to 10% muscle to fat ratio....
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

And 4 lbs of muscle a month.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

IFBB status P ratios bro, duh....

Also, OP... need pics for proof k thanks
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    In too....I gotta see this!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

And 4 lbs of muscle a month.

yes, this too.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Any pictures pls:)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Does your diet include ... um ... chemical help?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Guys guys guys- it's just because we haven't been doing it for that long- the longer we do it- the easier it is to put on muscle- but you gotta break the tipping point first.

newb- easy muscle
    advanced beginner- harder
    only intermediate/advance is when muscle again is easy to put on. like 90/10 ratio type easy.

We are just doing it wrong- need to listen to this guy- he knows everything obviously.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have proof to back this.
    pics or shenns
    Again, i wont debate this nor begin to argue by any means.
    hard to debate or argue when you have no facts.

also- what was the point of this thread?
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sad part is that OP has 17 friends on his FL who will probably buy into this stuff...
  • seanm55
    seanm55 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yea little tough to put on 4lbs of pure muscle tissue in a month, tissue doesnt physically grow that fast, no matter how many products you put in your body of how much you train or how much you eat..... the rate muscle fiber can grow is around 1.5-2lbs a month...
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What happened to Mr. Science? I wanted to hear the secret. I guess Jo is right, I haven't been doing this long enough. Ah well, maybe someday!
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    In for pics (no homo)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    AKDonF wrote: »
    What happened to Mr. Science? I wanted to hear the secret. I guess Jo is right, I haven't been doing this long enough. Ah well, maybe someday!

he went back to bb.com