Exercising and eating well but not losing lbs

Options
I am starting to get very frustrated because I am working out and eating below my calorie goal but I am not seeing any results. I have been doing this for nearly a month and I don't seem to be losing any weight. It is very discouraging for me, does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food with a food scale? What are your stats?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary.

your profile indicates 4lbs lost. That is lost weight. So where's the issue?
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Definitely way all of your food using a food scale. Provide your stats and an open diary if you want more specific advice that can help you reach your goals.
  • richcres
    richcres Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You could simply be swapping out fat for muscle. It's way to early for you to become frustrated or impatient. Keep eating right and keep exercising. Even if for now your weight doesn't drop dramatically you will be leaner, trimmer, and in much better shape.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Ok ill add what exercise are you doing, how are you estimating burns and are you eating calories back? If so what %.? Also handy if you give your weight and height.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Open up your diary.

your profile indicates 4lbs lost. That is lost weight. So where's the issue?

This. 4lbs in approximately a month is a good rate of loss.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    richcres wrote: »
    You could simply be swapping out fat for muscle. It's way to early for you to become frustrated or impatient. Keep eating right and keep exercising. Even if for now your weight doesn't drop dramatically you will be leaner, trimmer, and in much better shape.
    no,you cant swap out fat for muscle it doesnt work that way,you can lose the fat and build muscle if you are eating in a surplus and lifting. you can strengthen the muscle and maybe get newbie muscle gain in a deficit if she is lifting but its not going to be enough to notice for most people. @theshaleco if you are not losing weight and not weighing your foods you could be eating more than you think and if you just started it can take awhile to see a difference on the scale. take measurements(waist,hips,legs,arms,chest,etc) you may see a difference there first.also you can judge by how your clothes fit as well. if you are losing slowly then give it a little time,sometimes weight will slow down a bit.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    richcres wrote: »

No. You're not swapping fat for muscle OP. I didn't see if your diary is open yet. We can help you if it is.