what a change!

Options
liveagain
liveagain Posts: 97 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Most of my working life I've had job that required me to be on my feet all day. That is until two years ago when I took a job as an operator.

Well, I've just transfered departments at work and am now a server in our bistro. OMG! I don't remember my feet ever hurting this bad in the past!! :sad:

On the plus side I am getting more exercise:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• liveagain
    Options
    Most of my working life I've had job that required me to be on my feet all day. That is until two years ago when I took a job as an operator.

Well, I've just transfered departments at work and am now a server in our bistro. OMG! I don't remember my feet ever hurting this bad in the past!! :sad:

On the plus side I am getting more exercise:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My feet hurt more as a server than they ever did at ANY of my other jobs. I was a nurse aide in a hospital working 12 hour shifts & the 6 hours as the server hurt them more b/c of the stupid stupid stupid shoes I had to wear! Tennis shoes at the hospital & black dress shoes as a server. Who does that?!

I hope you find some good shoes to wear!
  • liveagain
    Options
    haha! i hear ya! I just bought some new non-slip shoes. They're fairly comfortable, but still new. I can't complain about 'em cuz I got them for $1.50 at payless. I'm sure bit will get better. its just the adjustment period that's killing me....
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    1.50! that's a steal! If all else fails, get some Dr. Scholl's insoles or something similar to make them more comfy. Ugh. I did lots of epsom salt soaks when I got home, too. My feet ache just thinking about it. *shudder*
  • fit_amy
    Options
    I feel ya! I'd always have an extra pair of shoes handy! I am on the flip side: after 4 years in the restaurant industry I just started an office job. I feel my metabolism dropping!!! yikes!! It is quite a change. Have you tried Dansko shoes? I found that the pricier shoes were really worth it when I was on my feet so long. Otherwise, my knees would start to act up.
  • fit_amy
    Options
    oh gosh I just read your post about Payless shoes!! From my experience, those shoes didn't work for me... my knees would even hurt!! I know they have cute and inexpensive shoes (soo tempting) but I had to cut myself off.
This discussion has been closed.