eating calories burned based on fitbit

Options
I have been stalled out in weight loss lately. I was wondering if this could be because I have been trying not to eat my exercise calories back. My daily is set at 1600 calories which is about 2lb loss per week (292 lbs). I had been using dailyburn's estimates at calories burned and eating about half calories burned as everyone says. Now have a fitbit Charge HR and have found that those estimates were way way over. I then added treadmill time to burn more calories and reach my step goals. Yesterday I traded the treadmill in for C25K. Since getting the fitbit I have not been eating back the calories burned (or at least for the most part).

So my real question is do I eat the exercise calories fitbit says I burn or do I only eat half or none at all? If I don't eat enough won't I put my body into starvation mode? I always hit the workout button on my Charge HR so I know how many calories is purely from exercise versus just overall.

Replies

• aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Have you lost more than 10lbs since you made your goals? About every 10lbs lost you need to re-calculate your goals. The less you weigh, the less you need. Also, make sure you're weighing everything. Even things like bread or pre-packaged snacks. They are rarely the same amount of grams as the nutritional information states on the packaging.

I have the Charge HR as well. I only eat back about half of the calories, if that. If you've just upped your exercise, your muscles could be holding onto more water to help repair, and that will be reflected on the scale. Remember, weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay, and some you'll gain. It depends on multiple factors. As long as the trend is downward over an extended period of time, you're fine.
  • elfof2moons
    elfof2moons Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I needed the reassurance that I was still doing the right things.