Zumba friends

Options

Replies

• Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i love, love, love Zumba!!! i take a class twice a week and we are getting ready to have a "master class" next month. i've been doing it since February and lost about 15 lbs plus a whole lot of inches. it's fantastic if you love to dance :flowerforyou:

Great weight loss....now I"m excited!
  • Twinsytoo
    Options
    Looking for zumba friends. Just getting started and would love to hear how others are doing with it. Not sure if there's a group out there.

Add me please if I haven't added you yet!
  • yessi03
    yessi03 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well as of next week I too will be starting Zumba. Hope it goes well and I love it as much as everyone says i will. I can't wait. Ill post how my progress goes with it.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    :smokin:

Definitely a fan. An hour flies by when I'm shaking it out in zumba class! I can't wait to recover form my current knee injury so that I can get to class, again! I usually go 2-3 times a week.
  • Twinsytoo
    Options
    Well as of next week I too will be starting Zumba. Hope it goes well and I love it as much as everyone says i will. I can't wait. Ill post how my progress goes with it.

Ya, let's get the party started!!! hehehheeeee I'm going to do a demo of Zumba steps tonight...20 mins. I'm still waiting for my dance dvds.
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There are some great videos on you tube too, u have to look at a few to find the really good ones. Some times I put them on and join in :D
  • Twinsytoo
    Options
    There are some great videos on you tube too, u have to look at a few to find the really good ones. Some times I put them on and join in :D

Great idea..thanks
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options

You better get ready for Monday, jess...Its on and trust that you will have fun..! :wink:
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    Zumba Addict Here :bigsmile: friend request on the way!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Did Zumba for the first time on my PS3 yesterday! WOW I was surprised, worked up a good sweat and it was tonnes of fun!!! I initially bought it for my cross training days months ago =( and had I known it was so much fun I would have busted it out earlier!!
    It is easy to NOT be good the first time you do it, some of the steps are complicated if you have 0 dance background......unless all hammerd up in the club counts LOL!
  • completebeginnings
    completebeginnings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As fun as Zumba is at home I really encourage everyone to do a class. The environment is intoxicating and so motivating. I go to two different places. One is a traditional gym with mirrors and lots of hard bodies and fake boobs, not so much fun but still a great work out. I also go to a warehouse type Zumba class where the lights are really low and there aren't any mirrors. Get about twice as sweaty at that one because I am not afraid to bust a move and don't worry as much about what I look like. Really enjoying it and trying to go 3 days a week.
  • irenerose25
    irenerose25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Zumba is soooo fun! The time flies by and even though I felt kind of uncoordinated at the beginning, its gotten better! I do it everyday!
  • ljh515
    ljh515 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As fun as Zumba is at home I really encourage everyone to do a class. The environment is intoxicating and so motivating. I go to two different places. One is a traditional gym with mirrors and lots of hard bodies and fake boobs, not so much fun but still a great work out. I also go to a warehouse type Zumba class where the lights are really low and there aren't any mirrors. Get about twice as sweaty at that one because I am not afraid to bust a move and don't worry as much about what I look like. Really enjoying it and trying to go 3 days a week.

Yep - I completely agree. I am not sure I would be able to get into it as much at home. I am really loving it!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    just set up the wii with zumba and i am going to start in the morning.. my friend loves her class but lives too far away for me to join her at the moment.. BUT she is moving in august and will only be 5 miles from me and we are gonna go to class together... can't wait !!!!
  • Twinsytoo
    Options
    Did Zumba for the first time on my PS3 yesterday! WOW I was surprised, worked up a good sweat and it was tonnes of fun!!! I initially bought it for my cross training days months ago =( and had I known it was so much fun I would have busted it out earlier!!
    It is easy to NOT be good the first time you do it, some of the steps are complicated if you have 0 dance background......unless all hammerd up in the club counts LOL!

LMAO, too funny!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Zumba! Count me in!
  • kaholmes18
    kaholmes18 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have both the wii game and the dvds and i love them. MAke sure you have water right there because you are going to need it. The only problem I have with the dances are the fact that I suck and cant really do a few of the moves, but oh well. I love to dance and i really am a good dancer, but there is just something about the latin rythem that doesnt click. Bu i get a great workout without the feeling of working out!!!
  • jenellelastchance
    Options
    I love zumba and I burn a ton of calories doing it!! right now I do the wii game but I would love to find a class
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I get to a class as often as I can (usually 3-4x a week). My salsa is AWESOME.

Feel free to add me!
  • 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    I started Zumba on my Wii about 2 weeks ago when I started back with MFP - I've lost 6 pounds so far! I absolutely LOVE IT! Add me if you need support!! :)