Looking for weight & lifestyle changes, help, a mentor, motivation, friends & help using MFP.

Options
Hi my name is Ruth! I'm 58 & live in Ohio.

I joined MFP but really never used it until recently. I am ready to lose weight & it has become something I want & need both for my well being, health & for myself

I really need a mentor but not sure how this works. Looking for friends, being a friend & help in using MFP, joining communities, etc.

Any help I can get with:
- Losing weight (as I am obese & don't want to be that fat girl & my inner self is saying it's now the time);
- Exercise with bum knees (getting ready for left knee replacement);
- motivation - a push;
- eating properly & better;
- exploring possibly vegan or better food choices & definitely GMO free alternatives;
- making some friends here & being a friend; &
- just help.

I love Yoga, meditation, listening to books & Angels.

I have 3 cats & a dog. I am also laid off & still grieving that & probably depressed along with that.

So, thank you....& hope you'll reply....

Replies

• brittanybalderas2015
    Options
    Hey I'm Brittany! I love the feeling of being and shape and that is what is keeping me going since my high school career of sports had ended! I plan to log on daily and give feedback when needed. Feel free to follow as I l
  • brittanybalderas2015
    Options
    Hey I'm Brittany! I love the feeling of being and shape and that is what is keeping me going since my high school career of sports had ended! I plan to log on daily and give feedback when needed. Feel free to follow as I look forward to hearing about your progress and any questions you might have.
  • duckyruth
    duckyruth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Brittany! I love the feeling of being and shape and that is what is keeping me going since my high school career of sports had ended! I plan to log on daily and give feedback when needed. Feel free to follow as I look forward to hearing about your progress and any questions you might have.

Ok, thanks Brittany! Follow you how? Here or is that a friend thing?
  • chrisPcrunch86
    Options
    Hi Ruth! I know how you feel, it's really difficult dealing with stress and the curveballs life throws at us while trying to take care of ourselves! I gained a lot of weight in the past 9 years (80lbs!!!) And I've been working hard at getting back down to a normal weight. I'm proud to say, I've dropped almost 50lbs so far. It's not ways easy, but with proper support and dedication, I know you can do it! :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend, and we'll keep each other going!

Christine
  • duckyruth
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Ruth! I know how you feel, it's really difficult dealing with stress and the curveballs life throws at us while trying to take care of ourselves! I gained a lot of weight in the past 9 years (80lbs!!!) And I've been working hard at getting back down to a normal weight. I'm proud to say, I've dropped almost 50lbs so far. It's not ways easy, but with proper support and dedication, I know you can do it! :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend, and we'll keep each other going!

Christine

Congrats to you! Yep, why is it so hard to lose weight when it's so easy to pack it on. I will gladly add you as a friend. Can you tell me though will all your posts then be in my newsfeed? New at this & not sure of setting my settings proper. Actually, how do I do that?
  • mermaidrhirhi
    mermaidrhirhi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruth :) I have arthritis (one area being my knees) so low impact exercises are important for bad knees!
    I usually mix it up with my elliptical (much nicer on the knees than most machines), swimming, yoga, pilates, general floor exercises and lots and lots of stretching!
    How about we add each other and we can help motivate each other? I've got about 15 lbs left but they aren't coming easy!
  • duckyruth
    Options
    Rhiannab92 wrote: »
    Hi Ruth :) I have arthritis (one area being my knees) so low impact exercises are important for bad knees!
    I usually mix it up with my elliptical (much nicer on the knees than most machines), swimming, yoga, pilates, general floor exercises and lots and lots of stretching!
    How about we add each other and we can help motivate each other? I've got about 15 lbs left but they aren't coming easy!

Sure! Is bike riding bad for the knees? I need an exercise guru!
  • duckyruth
    Options
    Is there a good list of gluten free foods, good healthy eats or something that says eat this but not this? I need to go shopping & want know if there are gluten free, low carb & low sugar foods that you can buy that are just grab & eat foods or able to grab, warm & eat? Not too interested in cooking these days. Just want no fuss good healthy eats!
  • duckyruth
    edited March 2015
    Options
    zb6f72mbduor.jpg

Saw this & thought it was appropriate to remind me to be good!
  • duckyruth
    Options
    Sometimes! ;)

d8a9gip80fto.jpg