How am I going to do this?

Options
I'm only three days in and already feel frustrated and defeated.

I only have something like 245 calories left for the day, and can never seem to get even 60 ounces of water down, let alone 64. I haven't lost even half a pound, and I feel like a beluga. And my junk-food addicted hubby (who would rather be strung up than go on a "diet") is unintentionally torturing me with mac 'n' cheese and huge portions that I really, really want.

Basically, I'm having a miniature come apart and have let Negative Nancy hijack my psyche.

I know the part of me that's crumbling is the immature, "I want instant gratification rightnowthisminute!," but it's not helping me leave the pity party. I know why I want to lose weight, I know why I should, etc., but do any of you ever just get that, "EFF IT," feeling and want to give up? How about only three days in? Please tell me I'm not a lost cause...

I'll quit my whiny loser talk and beg you to tell me - how do you battle this stuff??
(P.S. I can't go outside because it's pouring, and my motivation and energy are at a total ebb, so suggestions of going for a walk or doing exercise to snap myself out of it may be less than ideal at the moment, despite being great ideas.)

Replies

• wendykennedy219
    wendykennedy219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You need to change your mind set. If you think you can't, you won't. It is just food. You know what the Mac and cheese tastes like. You don't need more. Take it one moment at a time. You can do it
  • adriat
    adriat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel you. This is hard stuff. You gotta dig deep and realize how much you are worth it. When I feel like quitting (happens all the time) I browse the success forum and get my motivation back. You got this.
  • jwilkinsong
    jwilkinsong Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    adriat wrote: »
    I feel you. This is hard stuff. You gotta dig deep and realize how much you are worth it. When I feel like quitting (happens all the time) I browse the success forum and get my motivation back. You got this.

Great advice from Adriat....Especially that you are worth it....remember that!!
  • bhealthy1516
    bhealthy1516 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing well, today was the first day and I blew it.
  • Lhen1989
    Lhen1989 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    When you feel like quitting, think about why you started. You got this!
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    You need to change your mind set. If you think you can't, you won't. It is just food. You know what the Mac and cheese tastes like. You don't need more. Take it one moment at a time. You can do it

Ditto on this! Also want to add, stay away from the scale! Weigh yourself once a week or something but not everyday. Trust me, its just asking to get aggravated. More importantly, take your measurements & before pictures often. There WILL be weeks where you may not lose weight despite putting in tons of effort. It happens. But sometimes you'll notice you've lost inches. At the end of the day, the number on the scale means nothing. Seriously, it doesn't. Its a freaking number, it does not and will not determine who you are. Its only been three days, give it time and you'll notice changes in how you FEEL. Changes in how your clothes fit. Changes in your strength (given your exercising). People will notice and if you take before pictures, YOU will notice. Believe in yourself, you CAN do this. You ARE worthy of being a more healthier, happier you.

• MissusHay
    MissusHay Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the good advice and encouragement! :)
  • MissusHay
    MissusHay Posts: 11
    Options
    Also want to add, stay away from the scale! Weigh yourself once a week or something but not everyday. Trust me, its just asking to get aggravated. More importantly, take your measurements & before pictures often. There WILL be weeks where you may not lose weight despite putting in tons of effort. It happens. But sometimes you'll notice you've lost inches. At the end of the day, the number on the scale means nothing. Seriously, it doesn't. Its a freaking number, it does not and will not determine who you are. Its only been three days, give it time and you'll notice changes in how you FEEL. Changes in how your clothes fit. Changes in your strength (given your exercising). People will notice and if you take before pictures, YOU will notice. Believe in yourself, you CAN do this. You ARE worthy of being a more healthier, happier you.

[/quote]

Definitely heeding your excellent suggestions! Thank you. :)