Drinking Calories

Options
I drink alot of tea or diet mountain dew during the day. I really need to substitute that with water, but i cant bring myself to drink water. I like drinking things with flavor. Ive been stuck on the same weight now, and it might be water weight because of all the tea I drink.
How much water should I drink a day to see results.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try seltzer water.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Drinking water doesn't cause weight loss. It helps alleviate water weight caused by high sodium food or fluid retention in muscles. And some people find that drinking water can make them feel full so they eat less, but it is not causing weight loss in and of itself.
  • Poobear7609
    Poobear7609 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ok. thank you.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't see a problem with the tea.

PS: I've assumed it's not sweet tea and doesn't have any calories
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    Well i thought there might be a problem with the tea, because I add sugar to it...And I probably drink 5-6 big glasses of it a day.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Well i thought there might be a problem with the tea, because I add sugar to it...And I probably drink 5-6 big glasses of it a day.

As long as you weigh and log the sugar into your food diary and stay in your cals then it's not an issue.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Drinking hot tea does wonders for me when I am feeling a little hungry. I drink a couple cups of tea a day
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    yea I make sure I log it everytime, but it has alot of carbs, so I end up drinking half my carbs away instead of eating them. So I think I should just try drinking more water, and drink the tea only sometimes.
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    yeah I drink mine hot to, its way better.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I found Baked Apple Cinnamon Tea from Tazo is flavorful enough on its own that I don't need to add anything to it. Though, I drink all my tea with only water added.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    yea I make sure I log it everytime, but it has alot of carbs, so I end up drinking half my carbs away instead of eating them. So I think I should just try drinking more water, and drink the tea only sometimes.

Stop adding sugar.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

Try gradually cutting back on the amount of sugar. After a while you might find you don't miss it at all.

There are also lots of flavoured teas that you can try. I like strawberry green tea and raspberry mojito

• Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Stop adding sugar.

This. If you absolutely need to have sweet tea, try adding sweetener instead.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much addicted to Liptons Diet Citrus Green Tea.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I used to have 3tsp of sugar in each cup of tea. Which adds up calorie wise when you're drinking 5-7 cups a day as i was. I slowly reduced it to no sugar, and now i cant stand even a half tsp of it in tea, as it's too sweet.
    Something that helped me drink water is a little bit of cranberry juice added. Like 100ml to 1L of water.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    Why not try some herbal teas? Rosehip tea has no calories but a strong, fruity flavour. Red bush tea might be an acquired taste, but it has very little or no calories either (the one I have mentions 1kcal per bag).
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

About how much sugar do you use per glass? Sorry we're so hung up on the tea, it's actually quite interesting! :laugh:
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Why not try some herbal teas? Rosehip tea has no calories but a strong, fruity flavour. Red bush tea might be an acquired taste, but it has very little or no calories either (the one I have mentions 1kcal per bag).

Love red bush tea and I find it's naturally sweet and flavorful. I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from the OP and hate sweetness in drinks, but red bush I like, the sweetness/aroma is not oppressive.
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yeah if you need a sweet tea maybe try some of the fruitier blends. Either that or just learn to like your tea without sweetener...I actually had no idea people put sugar in hot tea haha, I've always had it by itself. Iced sweet tea on the other hand... :)

You can wean yourself down on sugar pretty easily too. If you add 1 tbsp of sugar to your tea, next time try 0.75 tbsp for a day or two, then 0.50, etc, until you get it down to what you want or get rid of it completely.

If the tea you're drinking all day is caffeinated just make sure you're drinking enough water...caffeine can dehydrate you and make you hold on to fluid if you're not compensating with enough liquids. There's tons of naturally decaf teas out there though if you want to stick with tea. I like a big cup of rooibos tea when I want something hot that's decaf.
  • ziaibelieve
    ziaibelieve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend that you try coconut sugar! :)

Obviously it would be best if you didn't add any sugar to your tea, but until you can wean yourself off it, coconut sugar would be a great substitute!