Ladies, Can you cross your legs?

Options
Ameengyrl
Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is being able to comfortably cross my legs. Sexily and effortlessly.... As an obese 20 something year old, I've never been able to do that. Ladies that have gone from 50-100 lbs overweight to a healthy weight, has crossing your legs been exciting? Lol. I know this sounds silly but it's one of my ultimate goals

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm about 20 pounds from my goal weight. I've lost about 90 pounds.

I can easily cross my legs and have been able to do so for a long time, but my legs are my thinnest part.
  • kmlong2015
    kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have to do that little shimmy-sideways-lift-my-leg-over move. So It'll be exciting for me to just to whip that bad boy over and feel awesome doing it! I think another 20lbs and i'll be able to. Im stoked!! So, NO WAY is it a silly goal.
  • Ameengyrl
    Options
    kmlong2015 wrote: »
    I have to do that little shimmy-sideways-lift-my-leg-over move. So It'll be exciting for me to just to whip that bad boy over and feel awesome doing it! I think another 20lbs and i'll be able to. Im stoked!! So, NO WAY is it a silly goal.
    Yassss!!! Lol so glad I'm not the only one!! That's gonna be such a great accomplishment! You're closer than I am! You go!
  • kiwiOT
    kiwiOT Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im looking forward to walking/hiking/running without my thighs rubbing together... That would be super.. lol
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm not a healthy weight yet, but I've been able to cross my legs easily for a good while now. I'm bottom heavy, carry my weight mostly in my butt and legs, but regardless I've been able to cross my legs probably since I was about 240 (almost 50lbs down) or so. I'm 203 now. With my legs crossed my ankles are quite near each other as well, which has been nice and a lot more comfortable than when one ankle is far off from the other and dangling up in the air somewhere.
    When losing weight, fat becomes "looser", or "squishier" so-to-speak, so crossing legs is a lot easier at a higher weight if you're also losing weight, than it is if you're at your highest weight. You may likely find as you lose weight that you'll be able to cross your legs at a weight on the way down that you couldn't cross them previously at that same weight when your weight was going upwards.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes, doing it right now.
  • Ameengyrl
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I'm not a healthy weight yet, but I've been able to cross my legs easily for a good while now. I'm bottom heavy, carry my weight mostly in my butt and legs, but regardless I've been able to cross my legs probably since I was about 240 (almost 50lbs down) or so. I'm 203 now. With my legs crossed my ankles are quite near each other as well, which has been nice and a lot more comfortable than when one ankle is far off from the other and dangling up in the air somewhere.
    When losing weight, fat becomes "looser", or "squishier" so-to-speak, so crossing legs is a lot easier at a higher weight if you're also losing weight, than it is if you're at your highest weight. You may likely find as you lose weight that you'll be able to cross your legs at a weight on the way down that you couldn't cross them previously at that same weight when your weight was going upwards.

This is good to know!! I was certainly thinking back to being even 100 lbs lighter and couldn't cross my legs... So I'm looking forward to the change. Thank you!!
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    kiwiOT wrote: »
    Im looking forward to walking/hiking/running without my thighs rubbing together... That would be super.. lol

Its the worst! Hurts so bad, especially if you ignore it and it gets raw. Like a couple of stretchmark washboards rubbing together! Ouch!
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    kmlong2015 wrote: »
    Yassss!!! Lol so glad I'm not the only one!! That's gonna be such a great accomplishment! You're closer than I am! You go!

We will BOTH get there! Good luck sweets!
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I´ve already lost about 17 kg, and even thought I could easily cross my legs before, I could not sit in a yoga position. Now I can put both my ankles over my knees. I look forward for the moment when I´ll be able to put my knees under my chin and sit on my heels :)
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to cross my legs before either. I've lost 46lbs and just recently figured out that I was now able to. Lol....i never thought about it as a NSV but now I get it. However I carry a lot of my weight in my legs still...i have 28lbs to go so maybe it will get even easier. Good luck to you!
  • IMaintain
    IMaintain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    pix?
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I can cross my leg but not as perfect tho.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I couldn't when I first started (209lbs). I can now (167lbs) and it probably started around 10 lbs ago. It's certainly not sexy and effortless yet, but I've noticed that its more comfortable to sit with my legs crossed than not.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Can't remember when, but yes, I can now cross my legs nicely. However...what I've found is that it's really not good for you LOL. I do it all the time now, even working at my computer, and it's kind of messing up my hip alignment!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

not for nothing- but you may ALWAYS have rubbing thighs.

Mine have rubbed and touched since I was about 14 years old. I've never been fat- they still rub and touch- and clearly- I'm not over weight.

So- just a fair warning- you may still have to deal with the problem- it's certainly LESS of an issue- and you can get away with capris pants and not shred them- but- le sigh- some of us- we were born with fabulous tree trunk legs. That eat shorts. LOL

OP- I can cross mine- but sometimes I have to shimmy over the top- depends on the desk- I do not have lean legs at all.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Not a lady, but for what it's worth, I sometimes sit with my legs crossed because it stretches my hip out.

I've lost 45lbs, and noticed the other day that I can now cross them "lady style" with ease.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options

This^^^^^^ BY FAR my absoloute favorite part of my weight loss!!!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Mine have started rubbing as i have lost weight this time! Never ever rubbed in my life, but i now know why women on holiday wear shorts to the beach if they have to do any walking. It was agony :neutral_face: ... i am hoping it stops as i lose more weight!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

not for nothing- but you may ALWAYS have rubbing thighs.

Mine have rubbed and touched since I was about 14 years old. I've never been fat- they still rub and touch- and clearly- I'm not over weight.

So- just a fair warning- you may still have to deal with the problem- it's certainly LESS of an issue- and you can get away with capris pants and not shred them- but- le sigh- some of us- we were born with fabulous tree trunk legs. That eat shorts. LOL

OP- I can cross mine- but sometimes I have to shimmy over the top- depends on the desk- I do not have lean legs at all.

I'm with JoRocka on this one.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!