Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Norditropin Side Effects

I have a prescription for HgH (Norditropin) due to low levels due to no pituitary. Within two days of taking the injections I had a killer headache that wouldn't go away. Well, I attributed it to the introduction of a new hormone to my body, and have been taking OTC meds to cure the head pain. Well, yesterday I worked out with my trainer, and I was sweatting so much more than usual, my heartrate was high, and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath to the point at the end of the session, I started crying from not being able to breathe. I worked out with him on Friday night when I had stopped taking the medicine for a couple days to ease my headaches. I started it again on Friday & took it Saturday because my trainer noticed a difference in how strong I've become just by taking it.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, is there another HgH that doesn't produce them? I know this is a weight loss community, but there are some that do take HgH for body building, and may be able to help. The earliest I could get into my doctor is Thursday, so I am staying off the medication until then.

TIA

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    1cares wrote: »
    I have a prescription for HgH (Norditropin) due to low levels due to no pituitary. Within two days of taking the injections I had a killer headache that wouldn't go away. Well, I attributed it to the introduction of a new hormone to my body, and have been taking OTC meds to cure the head pain. Well, yesterday I worked out with my trainer, and I was sweatting so much more than usual, my heartrate was high, and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath to the point at the end of the session, I started crying from not being able to breathe. I worked out with him on Friday night when I had stopped taking the medicine for a couple days to ease my headaches. I started it again on Friday & took it Saturday because my trainer noticed a difference in how strong I've become just by taking it.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, is there another HgH that doesn't produce them? I know this is a weight loss community, but there are some that do take HgH for body building, and may be able to help. The earliest I could get into my doctor is Thursday, so I am staying off the medication until then.

TIA

Have you spoken to your doctor?
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    1cares wrote: »

TIA

Your Dr needs to hear about this. They will help you find a therapy that works for you.
  • 1cares
    1cares Posts: 7 Member
    No...I talked to his receptionist to make an appointment. And I spoke to the nurse. I keep reading that all these body builders are taking massive amounts of this stuff, and I don't understand how they do it when I'm struggling on .4mg.

I see my endocrinologist on Thursday, but I have stopped taking it until then. The whole losing my breath thing really freaked me out, and that's what forced me to make the call.