keeping up with my calories

Options
I have to eat about 1700 calories a day but I have a very hard time doing that... The last 2 days (i started 2 days ago) I only ate about 800-900 calories.. I know that's not healthy, but I don't know how to fix this, because I don't want to eat more than my body wants to.
I haven't started exercising yet so that's not an issue with the calorie intake. I want to lose 30 pounds by July 1st I'm 154 pounds now
I'm worried about this :p

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you're overweight, and have been eating well above your maintenance calories to get there...why do you think you're finding it hard to eat the minimum of 1200 calories now?

Also, are you weighing all your food on a food scale? If not, you could easily be eating much more than 800 calories, which is good.
  • Robinraang
    Robinraang Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    If you're overweight, and have been eating well above your maintenance calories to get there...why do you think you're finding it hard to eat the minimum of 1200 calories now?

Also, are you weighing all your food on a food scale? If not, you could easily be eating much more than 800 calories, which is good.

I'm not overweight (yet! :p hense joining MFP) I'm just not hungry enough to eat all the calories... I'm sure that the calories logged aren't 100% accurate. It just frustrates me actually seeing small amount of calories I eat and I'm still bigger than I wanna be.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    But there is no way you got to 154lbs by eating 800-900 calories per day. Your tracking is probably off.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I didn't see you were 154. Still, as ncboiler mentioned, you are most likely not logging correctly.
  • Mikolinz
    Mikolinz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Your weight doesn't sound bad at all, and you say you are not overweight. So I don't see how eating 1700 calories will help you lose weight if you can barely eat 1000. It seems you don't need MFP
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Robinraang wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

I'm not overweight (yet! :p hense joining MFP) I'm just not hungry enough to eat all the calories... I'm sure that the calories logged aren't 100% accurate. It just frustrates me actually seeing small amount of calories I eat and I'm still bigger than I wanna be.

If you are 30 pounds higher than you want to be, you are overweight in comparison with your goal. And if you are 154 pounds, you've been eating more than 800 calories. You've likely been eating at least double that so getting to 1700 should not be difficult. I'm in agreement with the previous posters that you are likely eating that amount right now and just need to tighten up your measuring/recordkeeping to prove it.