Huge bloating from Candida

Options
OK, new thing happened to my body. Was doing low carb diet and decided I would simply go to a balanced diet with calorie restriction. When I went off the low carb diet, I ate pasta, pickles and some apples, food that ferments easy. Very rapidly, I got an overgrowth of candida. Skin is itchy, but my belly got huge within 24 hours. Just massive bloating. It's been 4 days, I've lost some real good weight and at this point, my stomach is usually very thin. But it's not. It's the same size, bulging, bloating and very hard. Very strange to see the weight loss in the rest of the body, but the candida is very resistant and completely bloating my intestines where its an uncomfortable pressure on my stomach to simply bend over forward. never had this before and I'm amazed because I thought the whole candida thing was a bunch of crap. So now, I'm eliminating sugar (already had eliminated, but also the high sugar fruits, actually no fruit except a banana) and dairy, except for unsweetened greek yogurt with probiotics. Adding Raw Unfiltered Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar which they say is the only vinegar that will fight candida because it restores the body's PH to a bit more alkaline in the intestinal track. I'm also taking high potency probiotics and "candida be gone". It is a very uncomfortable and unusual feeling in the waistline, like a fatigued area. Also have moments where I'm freezing cold in a room temperature of 75 degrees. Has anyone here experienced candida before and how did you get rid of it?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    How do you know it's candida? Were you diagnosed by an MD?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    cuts out a huge food group.

eats said huge food group.

Is surprised when the body has a fairly substantial reaction to it.

Anytime you make major changes- you're body is going to react- it's why people who don't eat meat for a long time get sick when they eat meat.

It's why when people "diet" for a long time- and then go treat themselves to five guys- get sick- it's not the actual food that is the problem- it's the fact you literally shocked the hell out of your system.

You'll be fine- make sure you have plenty of fat and fiber to move things along- and drink water. You probably need to level out your food and drop a good duece.

• prabbitts
    prabbitts Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I thought I did the keto diet too extreme because I was doing 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carb. That diet was fine but the exhaustion at first was my reason for given up. I got nervous about the keto diet. There's so much information about every diet on the internet that it's hard to know what is true and what is false. So I ate pasta and bread and a pickle when I came off the diet for two days as well and thought that's maybe why.

No, I did not go to the doctor.I am going to schedule an appointment today just in case.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Probably you have some issues with FODMAPs. Go to a doctor or a dietitian for help.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    prabbitts wrote: »
    I thought I did the keto diet too extreme because I was doing 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carb. That diet was fine but the exhaustion at first was my reason for given up. I got nervous about the keto diet. There's so much information about every diet on the internet that it's hard to know what is true and what is false. So I ate pasta and bread and a pickle when I came off the diet for two days as well and thought that's maybe why.

No, I did not go to the doctor.I am going to schedule an appointment today just in case.

why were you trying to get into ketotsis?
  • prabbitts
    prabbitts Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Because I had done the Atkins diet before and it had worked very well for me. after about a year, I started eating sugar again and gained most of my weight back. So, I had lost 28 pounds, which would then be my healthy weight of 185lbs (5'11"), gained it all back from eating 1 or 2 sugary deserts and that turned into sugar and junk food.
  • Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Anytime you make major changes- you're body is going to react- it's why people who don't eat meat for a long time get sick when they eat meat.

It's why when people "diet" for a long time- and then go treat themselves to five guys- get sick- it's not the actual food that is the problem- it's the fact you literally shocked the hell out of your system.

You'll be fine- make sure you have plenty of fat and fiber to move things along- and drink water. You probably need to level out your food and drop a good duece.

Drop a good deuce! I spit my drink out on that one!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    So second time around doing a low carb diet and you can't stick to it? More than likely not the diet you should do then.
    As mentioned, unless you have verification that it's candida (rare) from an MD, chances are your body is reacting to foods you have had in a long time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JoRocka
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Drop a good deuce! I spit my drink out on that one!

seriously- most problems can be solved with a beer- or a duece.

usually beer then duece- I mean come on- it's win win either way!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Does the OP actually know what a "problem with Candida" looks like?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You probably have a wheat or gluten intolerance or ibs. This on occasion happens to me. Go get some baby gas drops take it and blam itl be gone.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    You probably have a wheat or gluten intolerance or ibs. This on occasion happens to me. Go get some baby gas drops take it and blam itl be gone.

probably has that horrible condition of shocking her system and it reacting violently.

Odds of her actually being intolerant is small.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    prabbitts wrote: »
    Because I had done the Atkins diet before and it had worked very well for me. after about a year, I started eating sugar again and gained most of my weight back. So, I had lost 28 pounds, which would then be my healthy weight of 185lbs (5'11"), gained it all back from eating 1 or 2 sugary deserts and that turned into sugar and junk food.
    So unless you want to give up all of those things you like for the rest of your entire life, you need to find a different way, one which is sustainable. Fortunately all you need to do is stay under a calorie goal, and you can do so by figuring out which portions of foods you like will allow you to do that while also satisfying your hunger. Once you've done that it's pretty easy to keep that up in the long term, because it's stuff you actually like.