Smoothie Recipes with Greek Yogurt...

jnv7594
jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
Just looking for some ideas. I'm not much for protein powder, but I love Greek yogurt to get a little extra protein in. Anyone have any good smoothie recipes using yogurt?

Replies

• Leeesh_w
    Leeesh_w Posts: 2 Member
    Been loving banana & blueberries with coconut water and greek yoghurt lately
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    I just drop the immersion blender into a large mixing cup filled with Greek yogurt, a banana, a little honey (or Splenda if you like it), a pinch of cinnamon and some ground flaxseed meal. It comes out very very thick, so I eat it with a spoon. You could thin it down with your favorite milk, I guess, but I like it thick.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Frozen banana and peaches (~4 oz total), coconut milk or pineapple juice )~8 oz), and 2 oz Greek yogurt is my current favorite :)
  • mellz58
    mellz58 Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    My favorite breakfast smoothie I got from the Wheat Belly Diet book. This is it with a modification or two. I drink it on my way to work at 8:30 and am not hungry till 1 or 2pm. Sticks with me better than any other breakfast I have.

1/2 c. 30 cal. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/2 c. Plain no fat Greek Yogurt - I like Chobani ( or no more than 6 or 7 grms sugar)
    1 Tbls. Chia seeds
    1 Tbls. Flax seed meal
    1 Tbls. Steel Cut Oats
    1 scoop of Protein Powder
    1 tsp. coconut extract (optional)
    1/4 c. berries -- (I use combo. of frozen blueberries, 2 strawberries and sometimes 2 slices pieces of banana or not) This way you don't need ice cubes. Drink fast - gets very thick.

I tried to figure out the calories at one point and I think it was around 400. I put it in My Fitness Pal recipe = Berry Smoothie

• mellz58
    mellz58 Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Another favorite breakfast that's easy to bring to work - spray a small bowl with non stick spray - scramble an egg in the bowl - meanwhile toast a 100 calorie English muffin. In microwave -cook egg on high for 1 minute (cover with napkin or microwave cover). Slide egg onto the toasted English muffin and top with a small piece of cheese (optional).
    Love this breakfast and it sticks with me till lunch time.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I've been loving on frozen banana, pineapple, yogurt, and coconut milk smoothies lately.
  • Hummmm, coconut milk. I must try it.
  • mrsswisspea
    mrsswisspea Posts: 51 Member
    mmmm these sound so awesome. I'm gunna get my nutribullet out!
  • KatieBea44
    KatieBea44 Posts: 10 Member
    My favourite one I've been drinking for 5 days in a row now (that's how much I love it)
    1/4 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
    1 cup frozen whole strawberries
    1/2 cup tropicana farmstand fruit and veg juice, pomegranate blueberry

thats it :)

although you could absolutely replace the tropicana for any pomegranate juice, it doesnt have to be pomegranate blueberry :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I do this:

112g plain greek yogurt
    100g banana
    140g frozen blueberries (or some other berry)
    100g frozen pineapple
    6 oz skim milk
    50g celery
    30g baby spinach

It comes out to 335 calories, 18g protein, 7g fiber
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    Invest in some frozen fruit! Can be anything you like: mixed berries, raspberries, pineapple etc etc etc. One of my go-to's is:
    Greek yogurt, frozen berries, banana.

Oh! And another amazzinggg one:

Greek yogurt, banana, peanut butter :yum: