High Protein Diet

Options
muzd
muzd Posts: 33 Member
Hello

I started my clean High Protein diet yesterday.

Today I feel I want to throw up and have a headache.

Is this normal?

Looking for advice

Replies

• Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What exactly did you eat? And in what quantities? How many calories did you consume? How much fluid did you get in? How many grams of protein is high protein to you? There are a lot of variables, no way of knowing how to answer your question without a little more info.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    emilyr0011 wrote: »
    What exactly did you eat? And in what quantities? How many calories did you consume? How much fluid did you get in? How many grams of protein is high protein to you? There are a lot of variables, no way of knowing how to answer your question without a little more info.

This. Open your diary.

• muzd
    Options
    Hi,

My diary can be viewed on

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/muzd

I am drinking lots of water.

I have also attached the summary of my diet yesterday.

2m4ni49xy9nd.png

My Goal is to cut down my fat to a minimum 9%
    Other info
    Age 37
    Weight 95 Kgs i.e. 209 lbs
    Medical Conditions: High Bloodpressure (take medication for this daily)

Cheers
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    For me, when I started on MFP and cut out processed sugars and other crap food, I definitely felt like that for a couple of days. Almost like some sort of withdrawls. Now after 2 months, (and really after just a few days) I feel great! It feels good to be mindful about what you are eating, writing it all down and watching the scale move in the right direction!
  • muzd
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    For me, when I started on MFP and cut out processed sugars and other crap food, I definitely felt like that for a couple of days. Almost like some sort of withdrawls. Now after 2 months, (and really after just a few days) I feel great! It feels good to be mindful about what you are eating, writing it all down and watching the scale move in the right direction!

Thanks thats very reassuring :)
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a few days, and the headaches and nasuea will pass. Like Suruda posted, it's kinda like withdrawls. And is very normal. Good luck!!
  • muzd
    Options
    wgaue wrote: »
    Give yourself a few days, and the headaches and nasuea will pass. Like Suruda posted, it's kinda like withdrawls. And is very normal. Good luck!!

Thanks a lot wgaue :)
  • stevieedge2015
    stevieedge2015 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started a low carb high protein diet around 2 and a half weeks ago - gone from 150 to 144! The headaches are normal it's called keto flu, it'll disappear after a few days. Make sure you're getting the right ammount of salt too. There's a keto sub reddit that has loads of info and recipes!
  • VermontgirlinMA
    VermontgirlinMA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are doing low carb you want to be under 50 carbs per day initially to throw you into Ketosis. I would cut out the fruits and things that add up to higher sugar. Fat intake can be super high/off the charts but you will lose weight! Also, I keep crunchy Teddie peanut butter as my headache helper. When my blood sugar drops I eat 2 TBSP of it (no sugar added) and guzzle water. It really helps. It takes 3-4 days for your body to adjust into things. Keep it up!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't really be throwing up on a high protein diet unless you did not cook the meat properly. I noticed from your diary that you had chicken(lunch) and eggs (breakfast). Obviously make sure that the chicken breast is white all the way through when cooked with no pink bits and the juice runs clear.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot when I saw your diary. Drink loads more water. I hope your feeling better.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    High protein, low fat, low carb can be dangerous. Google "rabbit starvation". If you are going to eat high protein, you need to also have high fat or high carbs.
  • muzd
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I started a low carb high protein diet around 2 and a half weeks ago - gone from 150 to 144! The headaches are normal it's called keto flu, it'll disappear after a few days. Make sure you're getting the right ammount of salt too. There's a keto sub reddit that has loads of info and recipes!

Thanks for replying @stevieedge
    I feel much better now, I upped my fat intake and have had lots of water.

A quick questions, after going through your food diary I noticed you skip lunch and dinner. ow exactly do you do it?
  • muzd
    Options
    If you are doing low carb you want to be under 50 carbs per day initially to throw you into Ketosis. I would cut out the fruits and things that add up to higher sugar. Fat intake can be super high/off the charts but you will lose weight! Also, I keep crunchy Teddie peanut butter as my headache helper. When my blood sugar drops I eat 2 TBSP of it (no sugar added) and guzzle water. It really helps. It takes 3-4 days for your body to adjust into things. Keep it up!

Thanks for the great advice @VermontgirlinMA

I couldn't resist the fruits today, after dinner I found a lovely fruit platter in the fridge. Hopefully, I will take more care from tomorrow.

Like you advised I have taken some fat i.e. Avocado. Looking forward to getting the macro ratios right.
  • muzd
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    You shouldn't really be throwing up on a high protein diet unless you did not cook the meat properly. I noticed from your diary that you had chicken(lunch) and eggs (breakfast). Obviously make sure that the chicken breast is white all the way through when cooked with no pink bits and the juice runs clear.

Thanks for the advice @slideaway1‌

I am very careful when it comes to chicken. I believe it was just too much of protein and my body getting used to it.

Drinking lots of water now :)
  • muzd
    Options
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    High protein, low fat, low carb can be dangerous. Google "rabbit starvation". If you are going to eat high protein, you need to also have high fat or high carbs.

Thanks a lot @‌ I am glad you pointed that out. I am going to be more careful :)
  • muzd
    Options
    Hello All

Will appreciate some feedback on my diet today

Btw my goal is to loose 20 Kgs which is approximately 42 lbs
  • muzd
    Options
  • muzd
    Options