Looking to increase my motivational circle

Options
Mom2_AthruZ
Mom2_AthruZ Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I'm JoAnn. I joined MFP a long time ago but was never consistent. Through the suggestion of a friend I checked it out a few weeks ago and love all the updates. So, I'm back. Two years ago I was 10lbs from my goal weight and then I gained it back. So, like a lot of people I am working to get back to improving my health.

I turned 40 last year. I'm a stay at home mom to 5 girls. I work to eat clean giving myself an 80/20 daily goal. My go to forms of exercise are zumba, hiking, power walking, and kettlebell workouts. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• HaleysHeartfeltJourney
    Options
    Hi JoAnn,

I'm Haley and I also got MFP a while ago but have not been very consistent. I'm a sahm to three boys. I'm determined to stay motivated this time and beings there is a treadmill in my living room I have no reason to not use it. But motivation is hard sometimes! I have 50lbs to lose to reach my goal. I'm starting off with doing 30 minutes every morning on the treadmill, with sporadic increases/decreases in pace, and imcline, and this morning I followed my treadmill routine with 20 squats while holding my 9month old (20lbs). I wish you the best on your journey!
  • Mom2_AthruZ
    Mom2_AthruZ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love it when the kids can add weight to the work out. :)
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you. This is an amazing resource for nutrition as well as fitness support.
  • SamanthasFitnessLog
    SamanthasFitnessLog Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey guys my name is Samantha! I am a 22 year old college student and full time Social Media Handler for a REI company. I'm always on the go and love having an active feed on MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • christa1158
    Options
    I'm back, I've attempted to lose 10lbs for the last 2 yrs, but lose motivation and interest too often. I now have 15lbs to lose and feel better. I have 3 daughters and a very busy life as well, no time :-(
  • HaleysHeartfeltJourney
    Options
    Love it when the kids can add weight to the work out. :)

Me too! And its a plus that it was like a game to him! He laughed the whole time, which is motivating to see him laugh and smile while I work towards my goal. A happy baby is a happy mommy, and a happy mommy is a happy home! Lol
  • bee1976pa
    Options
    Hi I'm Bonnie. I lost my motivation somewhere around the holidays and now that it's getting warmer I'm looking to get it back. Feel free to add me! :)
  • mbringas
    mbringas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Matthew. Not sure what happened, I think I hit my head on something last night because I woke up feeling like it was time to stop looking like a weeble. I am happy to see someone out there looking for some motivation assistance. Me, too!
  • melloannie
    melloannie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi i am annie trying this app to loose 15 pounds trying to get started and incorporate this with my life style since i work 3rd shift for the state of mass lol so that should tell you i need the motivation hehe would love for you to add me we can help each other if your still into it? Ty annie
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've been to lowest lows and gave up on life at one point. Having a supportive group of good people on here helped get me out of a lot of holes, and now im off doing better than I ever have.

If you or anyone else are in it for the long haul and are taking your approach to fitness seriously, feel free to add me!
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi i've been on mfp for over 6 months plus and I took a little break after the holidays as well but I still continued to log my food. I just started exercising 1 week ago and I am a stay at home mom as well to three children. I am super supportive but would like support as well so if you are committed to logging on I will totally support you. Send me a request if interested.