im not losing any weight so far with 1200 kcal diet..wats wrong

Options

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    this is the 2nd thread in two days where the OP'er is asked if he/she uses a food scale/weights everything yet that questions keeps getting avoided or overlooked...
    I once thought i new the quantity of my protein powder because it came with a scooping cup and that was one serving. When i decided to weight a serving it turns out a true serving was about 3/4 of that scooping cup and not all the way to the top.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    When looking at your diary, I don't think you weigh all your foods. watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    So, you're trying to consume 900-1000 calories, then burning 400, thus leaving your body and all it's complex functions 500-600 calories.

Putting that into context, at a state of coma your body needs 1286 to happily maintain essential functions.

A random online calculator states your total expenditure of calories per day, basically what you'd need to consume to maintain your current weight is 1824.

You're consuming 500-600 calories.

If you're logging and weighing is accurate, you're basically starving yourself. You're starving your body of the fuel and essential nutrients it requires and over a sustained period of time will be doing serious irreversible harm to your body.

However, if this was the case, you'd see weight loss. Not healthy weight loss, but you would be losing weight as your body ate up whatever it could to continue to function and survive.

Either you are putting your health at serious harm, or your logging and weighing is incorrect.

PS

Can I have the recipe for your 100g of Chicken Curry for only 124 calories.

PPS

Can I have your recipe for Pani Puri Chat With Pani and Chutney where 5 puri are only 106 calories.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    When looking at your diary, I don't think you weigh all your foods. watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

This video and switching to weighing in grams can and will make a big difference in what you actually consume.

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    My spidey sense says troll.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    On the day's you're not logging, is there a reason?
  • thatguyalex
    Options
    Post looks AWFULLY familiar...as in, I've seen this exact post before...as in, troll.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, if you are truly only eating the calories you stated, then the weight would be falling off. My guess, you are eating more than you think. You'll never know for sure until you start seriously weighing everything. Pick up a food scale for $20
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    15 is really not long, certainly not long enough to be a good guide as to whether you have lost weight or not.

"Im tryin to lose atleast 5 -4 kgs in a month or 45days maximum.."
    No, just No
    Time scale diet's like this just won't work, to lose weight correctly you have to change your eating habits, lifestyle and outlook, 45 days just isn't going to cut it.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    oh yeah the time scale.... I worked out it's going to take me around 3mths to lose the last 8lbs (4kgs), as i refuse to lower my calories any further. And i know if i do go down to around 1000 calories i'll end up failing as i can't sustain such low levels every single day.
  • amrittamandarine01
    Options
    Thnx ppl :) .. Ill weigh my food here on and make sure im eatin 1200 kcal a day..
    And yes i think i should wait for a month or so to show results ;(

Anyways thnx
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chicken curry only 120 something cals?! Dafuck? Is there a magic recipe I'm missing here? Unless your only eating the turka and skipping the chicken altogether... but even then with how much oil is usually used...

And how can you only have half a ladoo?!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    There's 120 calories in 1 Tablespoon of oil :wink:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Its open.. And im 101% sure im not eatin more..

But you are. Your body CANNOT make energy out of nothing. It's impossible.

If you are in a deficit, you lose.

• deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So is she eating more than she thinks or not enough?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    She's either massively underestimating the calories she's eating or she owns a Magical Cookbook of Ultra Low Cal South Asian cuisine that I REALLY NEED BECAUSE YUM.
  • iamchuckbass78
    iamchuckbass78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Unless there is some magical 1 lb per day, diet, 15 days probably isn't going to be long enough to see results. I'm there too, and its frustrating BC you want to see them now. But I've been here before and I know I usually hit the 4 week mark before I see results.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    virelay129 wrote: »
    It's because you are not eating enough. The 1200 calorie diet means to eat 1200 calories. If you exercise, you need to eat more. Most people here eat back 50 to 75 percecnt of what they work off.

No. No. No. No. No.

I can't say no enough . . .

Bottom Line: there's 3 possibilities of what's happening here

1. You're eating much more than you think you are (or aren't being honest about what you're consuming)
    2. You're not burning as much as you think you are with your exercise
    3. The most likely scenario: a combination of both 1 and 2.

No matter what style of eating you follow, if your CI >/= CO, you're not going to lose weight

ETA: your diary shows generic fruit and homemade recipes. For home made are these your own recipes you added? If not, you have no way of knowing what this other person's home made recipe has in it. You just don't. For generic and things like "small orange" - what constitutes a small orange? These things need to be weighed. If not, you are probably over eating.
  • racingislife97
    racingislife97 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OP is taling about kcals, Kilo Calories.... might be related to superhockeymom
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Five fried somethings for 100 calories....? The logging is clearly inaccurate.