breakfast question

Options
2»

Replies

• absolutemike
    absolutemike Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight delay the breakfast as long as possible or better yet skip it. It's usualy a meal full of fast carbs anyway!
    Leave your body enough time to burn fat. This only happens when the sugar in your body is depleted.
    After dinner you already have between 8 and 12 hours without any food at the morning. If you skip the breakfast you are adding another 4 to 6 hours where your body need to burn fat to produce energy.
    I hope that helps.
    Good luck!
    Mike
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to do - but I always eat breakfast, otherwise I am hungry all day and I don't realize it. I also don't skip lunch.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ixiHemlock wrote: »
    Skipping meals purely for the purpose of saving calories isn't the best way to go about things

My concern is that if you eat in the morning you're metabolism will start up and you'll eat more over the course of the day because you'll be more hungry overall

ummmmm

no it doesnt work like that. cause. biology. :/

if youre hungry, eat. if not, wait.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Every day of my 60 years of life, until about 3 months ago, (and exept for my poverty stricken college days) I ate breakfast as soon as I woke up. I think, now, that it wasn't so much that I woke up hungry, but just that I expected to eat then.

When I began to experiment with IF, I discovered that I'm not actually very hungry early in the day. I also discovered that when I eat breakfast, I feel hungry again within an hour and stay hungry throughout the day. When I skip breakfast, I don't start gettying hungry until lunch time and then lunch satisfies me until dinner.

I've heard of others that have exactly the opposite experience with eating or skipping breakfast. So, my suggestion is to try it both ways and see which helps you stick to your calorie goal better.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    protein shakes really give your metabolism a boost....like 5th or 6th gear! but they make you bulky so.....

Nothing about this is true,.....absolutely nothing
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I never miss breakfast. It's something that just works for me. Usually about an hour after I wake up.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I eat it when I am hungry and skip it when I am not. I have never been a big breakfast person and depending on when I wake up and when I ate before I fell asleep I may not be hungry for hrs after. On days I eat breakfast it is typically less than 250 for the whole thing. If it is a big breakfast like pancakes, french toast or biscuits and gravy I am usually full til dinner or I might have an apple between. I log my dinner before anything and plan the rest of my day accordingly it has worked so far.