Down 15 pounds but don't feel/see a difference yet

Options
down 15 pounds but my clothes feel just a tight and I feel like I look the same. I am really proud of myself but I'm wondering at how much lost do you start seeing it? When did you notice yourself looking thinner? And when did someone else start noticing you look thinner? I know everyone is different but I'm just wondering.

Replies

• mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. I've lost 27lbs so far. It took about 20-25 for people to notice. At around 20lbs is when my clothes started to loosen up. Hang in there. Keep losing, it will happen.
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Your body notices.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    For me it's always been after 10 pounds that people start noticing.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Other people noticed at 20 lbs and then again at 40 lbs.

I sometimes see it and sometimes I don't. Our brains are weird and it can take a while to catch up. Even though I'm wearing clothes that are 3 sizes smaller than I used to, I still sometime feel like I look the same. When I look at pictures side by side is when I notice it.

Be patient, it will catch up to you. Take pictures and measurements monthly. It'll help.
  • rsmrodgers
    rsmrodgers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My loved ones noticed at about 15 pounds.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I don't see any difference yet when I look in the mirror. I'm down 26 lbs.

I think it can (but not always) have to do with starting weight - I think people who start out more heavy can take a bit longer to actually show a loss. (Again...not saying this is the case for every person.) It can depend upon other things, too. For instance, a person with a pot belly who loses there first will find that quite noticeable, but we may not notice loss as much in our arms, calves, etc.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm almost to 30 pounds down and I am finally starting to see subtle differences. It is hard because we look at ourselves daily so we are the least likely to notice the changes. Hang in there and you will see the differences.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm almost to 30 pounds down and I am finally starting to see subtle differences. It is hard because we look at ourselves daily so we are the least likely to notice the changes. Hang in there and you will see the differences.

Completely agree. As I stated earlier, i've lost about 27 pounds. However, when I look in the mirror I get confused because I feel like I don't see a difference. But, there is someone almost every week complementing me on my weight-loss when they didn't even know I was on a weight loss journey. It is noticeable but like this person said, we see ourselves every day so it's hard for us to see it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    It depends on starting weight and percentage of weight lost.

Also, the first 5-10lbs could include quite a bit of initial water weight, which probably won't be all that noticeable in terms of how you feel or how your clothes fit.

If you want to notice a real difference in your body, make sure you combine weight loss with some form of strength training. That's what will help you tone up and get those abs you're probably looking for.
  • Emdjoker64
    Emdjoker64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok awesome thanks everyone! Hopefully I will start noticing soon
  • Shannont2015
    Shannont2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I started my fitness pal Feb 2 and I've lost 14 lbs, but I don't feel like I've lost anything. My clothes still fit the same.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20lbs so far and I don't feel like I look that different, most of my clothes fit the same though they probably didn't. This week I've had people at work notice and compliment me which has been lovely. I do agree that our brains do weird things. I've got 20 lbs still to lose so maybe I'll notice then!