Favorite store bought or homemade lower cal salad dressings?

Options
2»

Replies

• iowaoly
    iowaoly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Some good things to try. I'm going to have to check out Bolthouse
  • lds818
    lds818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden light italian dressing. It is sooooo good![Agree!]
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been using the ones from walden farms and like them so far. I just buy the packet ones to keep in my desk for on the go. Calorie Free and Sugar Free.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/dressings.html
  • lorenzo106
    lorenzo106 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    for a quick super easy dressing I like to mix 1 tablespoon fat free Greak yogurt with 1 tablespoon of my favorite jarred salsa
    About 40 calories - creamy southwest taste
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My personal go-to dressing because it's really quick, simple and I'm just really lazy to go through all other fancy stuff:

For salads, wraps, sandwiches and so many more:
    • Greek yogurt
    • Honey
    • Mustard
    • Crushed garlic
    • Optional: Milk to dilute the dressing if it's too thick

Mix em all up. If you want a stronger garlic taste, let the mix sit overnight. The ratio of honey, mustard and garlic is completely up to your taste buds. :)
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bolthouse farms greek yogourt ceasar parmigiano salad dressing sold at most major stores like walmart, target, hyvee, meijer etc. and 45 cals per 2tbs with out tons of artificial perservatives/mystery ingredients
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    store bought wish bone light parmesan peppercorn ranch... 60 calories in 2 tbsp... i dare you to try... if you like ranch you'll love it.... i promise ;)
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I tsp olive oil
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    Salt, pepper and herbs that you like
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Someone told me about Bolthouse Farms dressings and they are delicious. I love blue cheese but for obvious calorie reasons, have quit buying Marzettis. Bolthouse Blue is only 35 calories/serving (compared to 90 with Marzetti lite) and is the best tasting light blue cheese I've eaten. The balsamic vinaigrette is also very good.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own Light Lime Vinagarette (sp?) 2 TBSP 60 calories, but it is pretty strong. I rarely use 2 TBSPS

YES! I love the light Honey Mustard.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I make this one for my salad sometimes, also works good as a marinade:
    5 Tablespoons EVOO
    2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
    1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (not yellow mustard)
    1/2-1 Tablespoon honey
    1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I normally don't like store-bought dressings, especially "light" ones, but my fiancé bought Annie's light poppyseed and it's really delicious. 70 cals for 2 tbsp. I usually have my homemade balsamic vinaigrette:

1 serving
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 tbsp. water
    1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (sometimes a little more when I'm feeling extra sassy)
    1 clove garlic, minced
    pinch of brown sugar
    tiny squirt of dijon mustard
    salt and pepper

not sure of the calories (probably around 200?) but it's GOOD.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bolthouse sesame ginger is delcious and cindy's kitchen has some really good options
  • karenmarken
    Options
    Just use salsa. Low carbs and fats plus adds to the veggie consumption for the day.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    alpine1994 wrote: »
    I normally don't like store-bought dressings, especially "light" ones, but my fiancé bought Annie's light poppyseed and it's really delicious. 70 cals for 2 tbsp. I usually have my homemade balsamic vinaigrette:

1 serving
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 tbsp. water
    1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (sometimes a little more when I'm feeling extra sassy)
    1 clove garlic, minced
    pinch of brown sugar
    tiny squirt of dijon mustard
    salt and pepper

not sure of the calories (probably around 200?) but it's GOOD.

I also love the Annie's Poppyseed dressing.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I make up my own vinaigrette and control the calories by using less. I have one going now that is olive oil, lime juice, and seasonings/salt (I forget which ones).

https://www.pinterest.com/janetkarasz/dressings/
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms balsamic vinegar.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I seldom use store bought, if I do it's usually light ranch or Costco carries Olive Garden dressing.

The farmers market down the street offers flavored balsamic vinegars such as garlic, basil,or peach strawberry, watermelon and even sour apple. I have a collection to use on salads or I make homemade.

My favorite homemade is the Greek yogurt cilantro dressing 12 calories per serving. 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup cilantro, 1 TLBSs olive oil, 1 TLBS lime juice, 2 TSP garlic, 2 TLBS vinegar, salt if needed, process in food processor.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use the juice from the pickled banana peppers