Replies

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I hope not... It wouldn't be healthy.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It will slow and should...Welcome to the world of MFP...Best of luck on your journey!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If this is you in the photo, you do nto have 40 lbs to lose. How many calories are you eating?
  • Buffalo_19
    Buffalo_19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its water weight. Wait til next week.
  • florecita453
    florecita453 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Been there! It's a bit dissapointing when you realize more than half is water weight and you just gained some of it back.
    It is important to keep up with exercise, healthy eating and a positive attitude.
    Also, I have starved myself to the point of passing out, it is scary! So my advise would be to follow a healthy diet, not one that will also make you lose muscle tissue. We just want to lose fatty tissue, and for that, 2 pounds may be the most you should be losing per week unless you are extremely overweight (which you aren't in your picture).
    Good luck!
  • karaperoni97
    karaperoni97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes that's me and oh darn!
  • karaperoni97
    karaperoni97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1000 a day plus gym burning 300 cal a day
  • GodlessHeathen
    GodlessHeathen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Judging by your picture you don't need to lose that much either. What is your goal weight?
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You do not have 36lbs to lose and 1000 is too low, and that's without exercise.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/eating-disorders/pages/introduction.aspx
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1000 a day plus gym burning 300 cal a day

this is so few calories. please ask a dietitian because what you are doing can harm your health.
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the negative feedback and just do what works for you. Everybody's body is different. Good luck!
  • azurejer
    azurejer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    Don't listen to the negative feedback and just do what works for you. Everybody's body is different. Good luck!
    Agreed with this. Be safe but know that what works for some doesn't work for others.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    azurejer wrote: »
    Agreed with this. Be safe but know that what works for some doesn't work for others.

I'm sorry, but encouraging someone who is eating very low calories and burning more and losing 6lbs in a week by saying "everyone's different" is stupid, irresponsible and ignorant.

OP, please listen to some of the (actually educated) people here and take some advice on proper nutrition.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    azurejer wrote: »

700 calories a day shouldn' "work" for anybody!!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Log off this site and get help. You have an eating disorder OP, sorry. And shame on those encouraging you to damage your health.
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well I'm at 600/900 calories a day. I'm on a supervised diet by a physician so halt on the negative comments and let me finish! Im 5 foot tall and currently at 156lbs I was 226lbs Some days I reach 600 others I do not. Some days I may go to 1000. Just depends on my appetite. I do not have am eating disorder or a mental defect. My meals consist of protein first then veg/other healthy items. 3 meals 3 protein shakes. Active working mother of 3 tots. I've lost 85lbs over the last 18 months and have 25 to go. Yes I have bad days and you will. For those Google doctors who know nothing about an individual treatment plan, Get a real degree and stop being so judgemental! Keep up the good work;. OP
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    if you consistently eat too little calories, your hair will start falling out in a few months
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is a lot in the first week. In your picture you look pretty slim already (but then, in my picture I look like I've got a cup for a nose and deviousme7 looks like a dog so who knows if it's actually you, but assuming it's you...) so I'm guessing your normal diet is pretty low in calories. Perhaps your increase in physical activity (seen you've been to the gym and jogging) has pushed you into negative calories. Be careful.

I don't know how tall you are but I know being short = needing fewer calories but I'm 5'1" and would massively struggle on under 1000c.

Beware that a calorie deficit can slow your metabolism so it could be short term loss and then harder to keep it up. As kp3868, there are diets with low calorie intake (and height does come into that) but she's being monitored and advised by a professional so will be doing this safely.

Anyway, don't wish to be judgemental of anyone but do be careful.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    kp3868 wrote: »
    For those Google doctors who know nothing about an individual treatment plan, Get a real degree and stop being so judgemental! Keep up the good work;. OP

• anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You made my day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!