Just lost 6 Lbs in 1 week

Options
2»

Replies

• AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry but (unless supervised by a doctor) very low calorie diets are frowned upon in this establishment.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sub 1200 for a female ( or 1500 for male ) is not recommended without medical supervision. This is a generalization supported by multiple medical trials and articles by nutrition experts, which is why it is passed around so readily.

If this is to be a sustained eating plan ( ie more than a 1-2 weeks tops ), then I encourage you to either increase your intake, or be supervised.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sigh

Facepalm-Animated-GIF.gif
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Who counts posts and what form of accreditation is that? Huh... not sure.

But being through countless nutrition clases, passed exams and successfully completing a bariatric program at an accredited hospital that eventually passed me for VGS or for the uneducated the gastric sleeve the first thing I had to do is learn to eat properly. Once it was proven through proper education and exhibiting behavior modification I had the surgery. I'm not saying hey reduce the diet to 700 and your problems are fixed or that it's health for everyone. You must have a balance of protein, vegg, fruits and other nutrients such as supplements, vitamins and minerals. Of course plenty of water and exercise. SURGERY IS ONLY ONE STEP to the many that come with the overall behavior modification. No its not the easy way out as some may suggest. The consequences of poor diet are far greater! Changing the intake is only a small step in the right direction as well. There's no cure for having a FAT mind or being an emotional eater. But with the proper tools and support in place anything is achievable!

The terrible thing is that people come here for motivation, support, morale, uplifting , to help with their journey and you have these stand by blog predators who jump at the sight of fresh meat and attack in full force like a lion on a fresh kill.. It's not right! No one needs that in their life.

I'm not into blog wars just sharing a positive message with my success story and yes I'm healthy while doing so in a healthy manner! !
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    share your diary and I'll offer help otherwise I am not buyin it. Sorry if you are for real
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I hope not... It wouldn't be healthy.
    same

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    kp3868 wrote: »

But being through countless nutrition clases, passed exams and successfully completing a bariatric program at an accredited hospital that eventually passed me for VGS or for the uneducated the gastric sleeve the first thing I had to do is learn to eat properly. Once it was proven through proper education and exhibiting behavior modification I had the surgery. I'm not saying hey reduce the diet to 700 and your problems are fixed or that it's health for everyone. You must have a balance of protein, vegg, fruits and other nutrients such as supplements, vitamins and minerals. Of course plenty of water and exercise. SURGERY IS ONLY ONE STEP to the many that come with the overall behavior modification. No its not the easy way out as some may suggest. The consequences of poor diet are far greater! Changing the intake is only a small step in the right direction as well. There's no cure for having a FAT mind or being an emotional eater. But with the proper tools and support in place anything is achievable!

The terrible thing is that people come here for motivation, support, morale, uplifting , to help with their journey and you have these stand by blog predators who jump at the sight of fresh meat and attack in full force like a lion on a fresh kill.. It's not right! No one needs that in their life.

I'm not into blog wars just sharing a positive message with my success story and yes I'm healthy while doing so in a healthy manner! !

You are on a medically supervised diet. The OP is not. There is no reason for you to be so defensive. It has nothing to do with your situation.

OP, I'd eat more. Netting 700 calories a day has the potential to do long term damage to your body, especially if you're not being careful with your micro and macro nutrients. Healthy bodies need proper fueling. You don't win prizes for losing fast. It's better to make small, sustainable changes.

Good luck.
  • karaperoni97
    karaperoni97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well I'm at 600/900 calories a day. I'm on a supervised diet by a physician so halt on the negative comments and let me finish! Im 5 foot tall and currently at 156lbs I was 226lbs Some days I reach 600 others I do not. Some days I may go to 1000. Just depends on my appetite. I do not have am eating disorder or a mental defect. My meals consist of protein first then veg/other healthy items. 3 meals 3 protein shakes. Active working mother of 3 tots. I've lost 85lbs over the last 18 months and have 25 to go. Yes I have bad days and you will. For those Google doctors who know nothing about an individual treatment plan, Get a real degree and stop being so judgemental! Keep up the good work;. OP

Thank you so much !
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Well I'm at 600/900 calories a day. I'm on a supervised diet by a physician so halt on the negative comments and let me finish! Im 5 foot tall and currently at 156lbs I was 226lbs Some days I reach 600 others I do not. Some days I may go to 1000. Just depends on my appetite. I do not have am eating disorder or a mental defect. My meals consist of protein first then veg/other healthy items. 3 meals 3 protein shakes. Active working mother of 3 tots. I've lost 85lbs over the last 18 months and have 25 to go. Yes I have bad days and you will. For those Google doctors who know nothing about an individual treatment plan, Get a real degree and stop being so judgemental! Keep up the good work;. OP

Thank you so much !

Never change MFP.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    8zvlg7k31utn.jpg
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    The only thank you goes to the person who supported a dangerously low diet. I'm not a doctor, but I am intelligent enough to know that our body needs food to function. You can go up in calories just make them clean calories so you don't feel guilty. Veggies, Fruit, Meat Protein. You'll be fine. Even add in some strength training. You want to be strong and healthy to enjoy the great body you are going to create. For that you need healthy bones, muscles, organs, and heart. Keep your brain fed it will get you further in life than a flat stomach. I wish you the best of luck. :-)
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs last week, most of it was water weight from a sudden gain the previous week. I'm 10:3 currently. Anyway, aim for a 0.5 lb a week weight loss, enjoy the extra calories that gives you. It'll make it more sustainable and less likely you'll crash and binge. Trust me (and everyone else on here), however good a rapid weight loss diet feels now, it'll eventually make you feel like s**t and fed up. Taking a bit longer to reach your targets is fine because you're young, you have your whole life ahead of you and you already look slim. So you're not fighting against time here. Take it easy.
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options

But being through countless nutrition clases, passed exams and successfully completing a bariatric program at an accredited hospital that eventually passed me for VGS or for the uneducated the gastric sleeve the first thing I had to do is learn to eat properly.Once it was proven through proper education and exhibiting behavior modification I had the surgery. I'm not saying hey reduce the diet to 700 and your problems are fixed or that it's health for everyone. You must have a balance of protein, vegg, fruits and other nutrients such as supplements, vitamins and minerals. Of course plenty of water and exercise. SURGERY IS ONLY ONE STEP to the many that come with the overall behavior modification. No its not the easy way out as some may suggest. The consequences of poor diet are far greater! Changing the intake is only a small step in the right direction as well. There's no cure for having a FAT mind or being an emotional eater. But with the proper tools and support in place anything is achievable!

You had a bariatric related surgery. When you undergo a surgery like this, you are supposed to be prescribed low caloric intake by a physician because that is what your body is able to tolerate. You will not be able to tolerate much more than that following the surgery without complications. I'm not trying to be a beyotch here but surely they would have explained this to you...? o_o

Is the OP a bariatric surgical candidate? No. Therefore, would she be prescribed a 700 calorie per day diet by any respectable doctor? Hell no.

So why you're trying to defend her when your situation is medically different than hers and cannot be compared, I have no earthly idea. Please stop.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

But you had bariatric surgery and are doing this with a doctor's help, and I'm going to assume that means you had/have a lot of weight to lose. NONE of that is true for the OP, in fact she is an 18 year old who seems to be aiming for an unhealthy low weight by eating the same calories as a surgery patient! Do you really want to support that?

OP, you are at an age where you have an awesome opportunity to learn how to eat a healthy diet that you can enjoy and that will support a strong and healthy body. The habits you form now can stick with you for the rest of your life, so that you don't have to worry about your weight going forward. What you are currently trying to do will probably set you up for yo-yo dieting for the rest of your life.

Please read the "Sexypants" sticky post at the top of the Getting Started forum. You can lose some weight while eating more food and staying healthy. Why take the difficult road when you don't have to? :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!