For the MFP ladies

copperdave
copperdave Posts: 146
edited September 27 in Chit-Chat
I know that all of us have our insecure moments, when we wish we looked a little better, a little slimmer. When we wish we could fit into those favorite "skinny" clothes. But I've noticed an unsettling trend here on MFP. There are soooo many women who complain about how bad they look. Maybe it's a "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing, or maybe we really are our own worst critics, but I've gotta tell you ladies -- you're being waaaay too hard on yourselves. I haven't seen so many hotties online in a single place...ever! So quit being so hard on yourselves...you're all beautiful!

Replies

• lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Aww that's so sweet! Thank u!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    I know that all of us have our insecure moments, when we wish we looked a little better, a little slimmer. When we wish we could fit into those favorite "skinny" clothes. But I've noticed an unsettling trend here on MFP. There are soooo many women who complain about how bad they look. Maybe it's a "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing, or maybe we really are our own worst critics, but I've gotta tell you ladies -- you're being waaaay too hard on yourselves. I haven't seen so many hotties online in a single place...ever! So quit being so hard on yourselves...you're all beautiful!

Awwww what a sweet thing to say...gonna pretend you were talkin ta me..Ha:)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Awwww. I only wish the people in my off-MFP life were that supportive!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    That made me laugh out loud for sure!! What a sweet thing to say!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    aweeeeee Copperdave! That's soo nice!!!!! I agree wit you 100%

Girls you're are amazing..Just the wayy youuu areeee........ <--- singing
  • SugarRose
    SugarRose Posts: 16
    Super Sweet!:love:
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459

Agree.
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    I dont know about other women so much as I do myself....but I am probably my worse critic. It is a curse bc it is something not just said, but felt. I find this site to be encouraging to help us look beyond the weight to the psychology behind the weight. For many, the food or weight is not the disease, it is a symptom of something much deeper..... My opinion only of course. and yes...there are tons of beautiful men and women on here...genuinely wonderful:))
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    We are our own worst critics, but we always love the compliments! What a wonderful sweet thing to say.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    What a darling thing to say. I'm blushing :blushing:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    aw, how nice and thank you!!

I think that is a great thing to post cause i have noticed it too! (and said it myself!!)
    We are all human and all beautiful in our own ways!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member

Agree.

Amen.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 333 Member
    Awww...how sweet! :)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    What a sweet thing to say.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    You're lovely, Dave.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    I think the media is to blame and the fact that guys always love the "pretty skinny girls" ... sometimes it's hard to love yourself when you don't think you're good enough to be loved.

Deep. I know.
  • jjbcb
    jjbcb Posts: 21
    You just made my day!!! Thanks, you are so sweet:wink:
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    I agree totally. We make ourselves crazy thinking we have to measure up to something. If I don't lose another pound, I'm going to still feel good about myself. I'm happy with ME. :smile:
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    My husband says the same thing all the time and for whatever reason I just can't believe him...he is supposed to tell me I look great...right?! Funny how sweet it sounds coming from someone else!
  • Awww thank you!! so sweet x
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    = ) What a gent!!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    That's a sweet reminder ....I do believe in being my worst critic sometimes...I shall remember this when I weigh-in today:smile:
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    As I get older I find I don"t need compliments to make me feel good about myself. I hate seeing women berate and put themselves down on this website. I try to help pick them up as much as I can. I work with children and find that self esteem can be damaged at a very young age. I had this 6 year old that was very heavy for her age. She had her hair hanging in her face and was doing poorly in school. So I decided to see if I could do something to help her out. So every morning I would tell her how nice she looked that day, and every afternoon I would tell her how smart she was. After about 3 months of this I noticed her hair was brushed, she was standing a little taller and her grades went from dismal to great. Words are very powerful. They can be used for good or evil. Light or dark. Light someones candle, brighten their life.
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Very sweet thing to say...thank you :blushing:
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    What nice thing to say, and a nice thread. People on this site are really great!!
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    As I get older I find I don"t need compliments to make me feel good about myself. I hate seeing women berate and put themselves down on this website. I try to help pick them up as much as I can. I work with children and find that self esteem can be damaged at a very young age. I had this 6 year old that was very heavy for her age. She had her hair hanging in her face and was doing poorly in school. So I decided to see if I could do something to help her out. So every morning I would tell her how nice she looked that day, and every afternoon I would tell her how smart she was. After about 3 months of this I noticed her hair was brushed, she was standing a little taller and her grades went from dismal to great. Words are very powerful. They can be used for good or evil. Light or dark. Light someones candle, brighten their life.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME:))) God Bless you for that!!! Brought a tear to my eyes.
  • Elise1931
    Elise1931 Posts: 184 Member
    awww...this is so sweet and you're so nice. Thank you copperdave. :blushing:
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    A very sweet thing to say! I am definitely my own worst critic, but it doesn't help also when you have your mother breathing down her own expectations down your neck. So, its nice to see such a darling thing every once in awhile (especially if its not coming from my boyfriend).
This discussion has been closed.