Looking for friends- new member (again), baby steps this time

Options
This is my third or fourth account on MFP. I closed up the ones in the past due to embarrassment from repeatedly falling off the wagon. I am looking for both established understanding friends, or those who are on the same path as me.

I am 34 yrs old, WAHM, need to lose about 30-40 lbs. I am highly addicted to sugar, soda (lots and lots every day), and fast food. I eat these things every single day and feel like crap because of it. My mind is foggy, and I just feel old and exhausted.

Each time I've signed up with MFP, I came with lofty goals and jumped right into "dieting". I cut out sugary snacks, sodas and fast food cold turkey. I went from eating around 3k calories a day to 1500 (TDEE-20%). I would crash and burn out within a month. Every time. After doing some reading I have decided to go a different route this time. Instead of jumping right into a "diet", I am going to take slow, methodical steps to a lifestyle change. Slow. Until I master each goal, I don't add more.

I have set my calories to TDEE (maintance), but not forcing that number quite yet. This is the first challenge I am working to master: I am recording everything that goes into my mouth, good or bad. I am also allowing one soda per day (down from 3-4) and increasing my water (daily water used to be none). Aside from that, I make no other restrictions. This will be an adequate challenge to me.

I welcome all friends who will be understanding and encouraging to my admittedly baby-step process. I don't want to fail this time. I want to get healthy but need to slow the process down for now. Would you like to be my friend?

Replies

• ruthcross34
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat I think. I'm in need of a change in lifestyle rather than a stop eating method. Happy to support each other if you like?
  • CallieBee70
    CallieBee70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just opened my fourth account yesterday so I completely understand! The only embarrassment is if we don't keep trying!!!!
  • mariemoe11
    mariemoe11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to all that you are saying. Today is my first day back on track and I am Not dieting this time. Would love to be mfp friends
  • eekarnes
    eekarnes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I'm 32 did the "dieting" deal all my life, but am now leading to just eat a healthy diet with realistic goals. I've cut soda completely and reduced cravings for sweets and snacks with reasonable substitutions. Eating carrots and apples to cut s cake craving wasn't cutting it!

Anyway would be happy to help each other in a healthy lifestyle.
  • gwenpally
    gwenpally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just back to my second account after a sabatical :/

I used to drink very little water but found keeping track of it on here really helped my upake and when you drink more water, it helps lose your water weight - so weird, I know. Try small steps, it's when the little things start adding up you'll see results and you won't even notice small changes you're making :)

Gwen X