Do any of you give yourself a reward for reaching your goals?

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
I've been doing insanity, and I want to do five rounds this year (my all time favorite workout). And every time I finish a round, I reward myself with more work on my tattoo sleeve and something else. So far I have, a new wardrobe, a new Shaun t DVD set, and my ultimate reward is a vacation. I can't think of two more rewards yet, so I wanted to see what you all have waiting for you.

Replies

• Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can call it a goal or a reward but when I run a marathon, I love stopping by McDonald's for one of their 700 calorie chocolate shakes. I ran one last year and then waited in this long line (college town) and nearly cried when I discovered they didn't have any more chocolate and had to settle for a strawberry shake :disappointed:
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Curt911 wrote: »
    I don't know if you can call it a goal or a reward but when I run a marathon, I love stopping by McDonald's for one of their 700 calorie chocolate shakes. I ran one last year and then waited in this long line (college town) and nearly cried when I discovered they didn't have any more chocolate and had to settle for a strawberry shake :disappointed:

No chocolate is blasphemy. I give myself a pint of chocolate ice cream every Sunday for pushing through all of my workouts.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

No chocolate is blasphemy. I give myself a pint of chocolate ice cream every Sunday for pushing through all of my workouts.

I <3 how you think!!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

I <3 how you think!!

I'm a girl. I can't lie to my stomach. It knows chocolate exists in this world and it wants some.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yes, a new goal. And then another. And another.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Heehee feeling the chocolate love.

I usually get a bit trashed after a race, steak n chips, sticky toffee pudding, liquor, red wine a cigarette or three.

But mostly I just feel good about the other goals I reach, as my ways of celebrating are usually counterproductive to the work I've just put in re fitness and strength.

I've bought Nike gear to pre empt success!
  • m7mdth
    m7mdth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Before I start replying to my butt I would like to say that your nickname is unique :#

I love chicken wings .. and I've decided that I won't eat any of it until I reach around 40% of my goal.

But I don't know what will be the reward when I reach my goal :|
  • roymbstevens
    roymbstevens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have TapoutT and Rush Fit....have u tried these?? If no, DO!!
    Reward is strutting up the beach counting the guys eyeballing
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    New training gear to set and break new goals in.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I just move my goal posts...Never stop improving.
  • snydhead
    snydhead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have used a variety of rewards, but I can't use food. When I broke the 200 pound barrier (I was almost 300), we had scheduled a Christmas cruise and I celebrated my achievement by swimming with the dolphins. It was a life-changing experience! Kinda like my weight loss!!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lol :) I don't use rewards other than the intrinsic mood boost (which is guaranteed, every time); I tend to think of working out as more of a hygiene thing. But if I did, things that might work for me:
    - high-quality wireless computer speakers
    - a trip, also, for sure
    - a really beautiful area rug (I feel like the ones you can stand to look at are expensive, man)
    - concert/theatre/dance tix
    - yeah, probably clothes, shoes, handbag
    - also, a wireless laser printer. I hate using the stupid USB on the one I have but the thing works really well and the ink is cheap, so I can't justify buying another one.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    I just move my goal posts...Never stop improving.

<3 this answer
  • Maggieba
    Maggieba Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yep. My goal is to lose 30 pounds so I set 6 mini goals for 5 pounds or a half inch loss on my hips (whichever came first) and a reward for each goal. So far I've earned a pair of heels, a sweater, and a new workout tank. I still have a handbag, ring, and girls trip to look forward to.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! New bras were my goal gift this weekend!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    snydhead wrote: »
    I have used a variety of rewards, but I can't use food. When I broke the 200 pound barrier (I was almost 300), we had scheduled a Christmas cruise and I celebrated my achievement by swimming with the dolphins. It was a life-changing experience! Kinda like my weight loss!!

Nice reward!

My final reward might be a really good road bike.

As corny as it sounds I get rewarded every time my clothes get looser, or I walk or ride up a hill a bit faster.
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A whole wardrobe? Nice! I usually will give myself smaller rewards like Starbucks, manicure, a new pair of jeans or top, new workout tank, etc. But to be honest, I tend to kind of get that stuff from time to time anyway, so it turns out being kind of pointless. At the end of the day, the only reward that's REALLY going to motivate me is the drive to improve my body, be fit, be healthier, etc.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    As soon as I trip the third digit down one notch in my weight (by the end the month) I'm planning a trip to the most amazing hard-pack ice cream parlor. I'll probably trip that digit back up by the end of the night, but I'll head back to the gym in the morning.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    With all my new hobbies, I have a gear wish list a mile long! That's my reward.