Which app is better for tracking walks

Options
I have been using Endomondo for tracking my walks but I feel the calories burned is really high. I walk around 3.5-5mph for about 20-30 mins and I sometimes get between 400-600 calories burned. This seems high does anyone know of more accurate apps that sync automatically

Replies

• marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been using RunKeeper and it seems to be tracking my runs and walks pretty accurately.
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyfitness and feel its to high too??? i get around 280 or just under 300cals for a 30 min walk
    its makes you enter ya weight and waist and height measurements ...
    i don't eat my cals back though so I am not to worried, its good to see my pace get faster on the app though
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use mapmywalk. I love it. It tells you how far you've gone and your speed and average and all sorts of stuff plus you can play your music along with it and automatically logs it into mfp. You can also use it to count other forms of exercise.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I have been using Endomondo for tracking my walks but I feel the calories burned is really high. I walk around 3.5-5mph for about 20-30 mins and I sometimes get between 400-600 calories burned. This seems high does anyone know of more accurate apps that sync automatically

Endomondo includes BMR. I have fonud it slightly higher in terms of calorie estimation, but the mapping is more accurate than other apps.

Swings and roundabouts.

Strava is a bit more conservative, as is Runkeeper.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have digifit I guess it works ok? The calories are pretty close to mfp. I just log the number of minutes in mfp and let it calculate the calories.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I use S health on Samsung. I've compared it against a few others for average cals and it seems pretty accurate.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Use a HRM with it.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    majikapaji wrote: »
    I've been using RunKeeper and it seems to be tracking my runs and walks pretty accurately.

I've been using this almost since it came out. They've really cleaned up some of the early problems and it works very well. The free version should be more than enough for you but the pay version has some nice extra features and is only about $20/yr.

• ashtonladkins
    ashtonladkins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper and love it! It seems accurate when comparing it to my HR monitor in regards to calories burned.