Is it me or does your body lose weight differently when you lose weight again?

Options
So, about 2 years ago, I lost 40 lbs. Halfway through, my stomach was shrinking A LOT (and I was losing it in an unhealthy manner -_- ). Now, I'm losing weight by mostly lifting and some cardio, and most of my weight has been coming off my boobs and a little bit off my stomach. I mean, there may be some difference in that since this time I'm mostly lifting, so better muscle mass and more fat burn than say 2 years ago when I was just a cardio junkie and not eating enough. It's just discouraging since I want my belly to shrink WITH my huge boobs but the old measurements I had had my chest in sync with my hip size, this time my boobs are much smaller than my hip size (and my hip size is large because the hanging belly fat is mostly centered at my hips. So my question is, if you lose weight again (after gaining most of it back), does it really come off differently? My thighs also shrunk back down to what I had them when I lost the 40 lbs.

I hate belly fat. ):

If anyone has any good tips to help it come off, feel free to post them. My diet consisted a lot of bread and grains and I decided to cut them off completely and replace them all with carb dense veggies, which I hope it helps.

Replies

• Biodaemonium
    Biodaemonium Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    long story short, you cant spot reduce. it will come off, where it wants to come off :/

• pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not just you. I'm several inches smaller in the hips than I was last time I was this weight but I'm also 3 cup sizes bigger.
  • Biodaemonium
    Options
    long story short, you cant spot reduce. it will come off, where it wants to come off :/
    Well, I'm not necessarily saying spot reduction. I'm just asking if others have re-lost weight differently (more or less, if its normal). I've lost my stomach fat once through a lot of cardio and eating less but this time, I'm losing a lot more from other places than compared to before.

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yes, each time I'm a certain weight I notice clothes fit differently. Totally know what you mean.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you've lost 40 pounds again and this time it came off your boobs and thighs, or are you saying you've just started losing again and feel like it's coming off boobs and thighs? Your ticker shows only 6 pounds lost.

It will eventually come off everywhere you have fat, if you stay in a deficit, including your stomach.

55835802.png
  • Biodaemonium
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    Are you saying you've lost 40 pounds again and this time it came off your boobs and thighs, or are you saying you've just started losing again and feel like it's coming off boobs and thighs? Your ticker shows only 6 pounds lost.

It will eventually come off everywhere you have fat, if you stay in a deficit, including your stomach.

55835802.png
    I have not weighed myself in some time (since weight is currently not my focus, I plan on gaining a lot of muscle later) and my starting weight wasn't quite where I had originally started (about 10 lbs lighter-I gained 30 of the 40 I lost basically) But I started tracking everything from the start of my previous attempt and now. I'm back down to the halfway point I was then in clothing size (say, 20 lbs lost then, except I'm probably heavier weight wise compared to then, due to a few months of weightlifting,). The fat has come off differently. I currently vary my deficits, depending how much I lift and eat half of my exercise calories to add that deficit a bit, depending if I'm hungry or not.

• Biodaemonium
    Options
    pap3rw1ngs wrote: »
    Not just you. I'm several inches smaller in the hips than I was last time I was this weight but I'm also 3 cup sizes bigger.
    Dang. That is crazy. At least you get to keep the bosom. :smiley:

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Age changes things. Also, you may have different muscle distribution than before, so the weight seems to come off differently.
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    pap3rw1ngs wrote: »
    Dang. That is crazy. At least you get to keep the bosom. :smiley:

Not so much, haha, I'm a G cup. Much preferred the DD I was before!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we don't get to chose. I do notice my body is different now that when I was younger, but you're only talking two years.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I crash and barely eat anything my belly seems to shrink faster, with my legs, arms and boobs staying about the same. When I am in an appropriate deficit and losing more slowly I tend to lose from my arms, legs and boobs first, belly last. This has been the case for years, so it isn't just "I'm getting older so I'm losing differently"
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Without actually researching the answer. There might be some hormonal factors that could effect where the weight comes off. I suppose it could change with age (probably hormonal). Stress can be a factor too I believe (again back to hormones).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I don't yo-yo much, but due to an injury I re-gained about ten pounds and have just now come close to getting back to where it was in November.

I think that I've held on to belly weight more, but my face looks a lot thinner at this weight than it did a few months ago.

Bodies are weird.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It does change I'm not sure if it is the method, or just age. About 6 years ago I lost 32lbs, mostly doing cardio with some very light strength training (I had access to a small home gym at the time) & the Weight Watcher's point system. My belly flattened out quickly, I also lost a lot of inches in my butt.

I've gained back most of that weight due to several bad injuries (just had major joint reconstruction of two toes in my foot and gained 12lbs during the recovery alone) and this time I joined a gym and met with a trainer to develop a workout plan that took into account my ultimate goal (fat loss, not a bikini body but a much healthier and sustainable weight) and my recent foot surgery. This plan mixes a lot more strength training with some cardio, plus I'm eating more calorie-wise due to the strength training. I've lost 10 inches on my bust, hips, thighs and waist in the first 4 weeks, but only 6 pounds on the scale. And my face is much thinner than it was before my surgery.

I'm still 6lbs heavier than when I had my surgery, but my clothing fits much better than it did even when I was 6lbs lighter. And I feel much stronger, even though this is only my 6th week of working out since getting rid of my surgical boot & cane. I hate my belly fat too, but I'm committed to doing it slow and steady this time and when I get to my goal, I'll be strong, not just thin if that makes sense.
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight (about 40lbs for me too) quickly and unhealthily 3 years ago due to an eating disorder. Put back on about 12lbs while focusing exclusively on getting mentally healthy.

This time around, I'm also doing a lot more weights, and I'm trying to keep to a really small deficit to avoid triggering anything. The weight fell off my face this time (I barely have boobs to speak of, so I hope it doesn't come off those...>_>), but my thighs and stomach aren't changing as much as last time.

As much as I would like my belly to shrink, I'm just telling myself that the fat loss I can't see happening is all happening around my organs, where it would affect my health the worst.