military diet

Options
I started the military diet today and I am doing feeling great! I started at 228.8 lbs my goal is 150!

Replies

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I did too! Starting is 150.2 and want to get to 130. I'm hoping I'll have a desire to keep going after just 1 cycle. I'd like to do it for at least 1 month. I'm including 45 min of cardio too, but I might skip the 3rd day as I'm afraid I may not have enough energy that day.
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's good that you're feeling great, but what are your plans when the 3 days are up?
  • rlwest60
    rlwest60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Military diet? I was active duty for 9 years and I was in better shape prior than in...im curious of this diet. Also they always said drink a glass of DFAC(chow hall) chocolate milk for protein and recovery night before a PT test...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @rlwest60 , be prepared to be disappointed. This is the stupidest diet I've ever come across. No military would ever follow this.
  • rlwest60
    Options
    I highly agree and Ive not even seen what is. PT PT PT that is the military diet lol
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    rlwest60 wrote: »
    I highly agree and Ive not even seen what is. PT PT PT that is the military diet lol

http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

:)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have to say, of all fad diets I've seen, this is the dumbest. Hot dogs and tuna some miracle combination? You lose weight because your eating stuff-all calories. I swear this diet was someones idea of a joke and went viral.
  • raquelrojasrc
    raquelrojasrc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rashanti1 wrote: »
    That's good that you're feeling great, but what are your plans when the 3 days are up?
    Well I do some walking on theses 3 days so on the other 4 days my exercise will increase and I will continue to watch my carbs and calories.
  • raquelrojasrc
    raquelrojasrc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to say, of all fad diets I've seen, this is the dumbest. Hot dogs and tuna some miracle combination? You lose weight because your eating stuff-all calories. I swear this diet was someones idea of a joke and went viral.

Actually I have 2 friends that continued this diet and one lost 160 lbs with the help of this diet and exercise the other one lost 20 lbs!
  • rlwest60
    Options
    @Derprioception‌ ...i looked at the diet lol id say you were much more hardcore at 5
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of this diet and this is what I've learned...at least for myself. I need to cut out the processed foods in my diet, even the ones that are supposedly more healthy. I need to eat slower and savor my food. I need much fewer calories being over 40 and sitting at a desk all day. I'm not gonna lie, this was hard. But I had no negative effects from doing this for 2 days. Still have today. But as of this morning I've lost 4 lbs with no cheating. Oh and I didn't drink coffee or tea as it called for. I've even been able to fit in 45 min of Turbofire on Mon and did HIIT 15 yesterday and had energy to get through them. If I remember I'll post my final results Thursday. I do plan to add broccoli to my dinner tonight. I think today's calories are too low.
  • kim678
    kim678 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did it last week! Lost 8 pounds total! (Found 1 of those over the weekend though!) I plan to follow this menu at least once a month. I really just did it for a jump start.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yeah my husband is in the military and they don't eat anything like that. Oh and most MRE are 1250+ calories per MRE. So yeah...NO and NO!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    dafuq is a military diet?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Rashanti1 wrote: »
    rlwest60 wrote: »

http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

:)

OOOHHH!!! That's the military diet?! I always just called it the 3-day diet... I tried it once upon a time... I don't think I finished day 1. LOL!! :noway:
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    This is not new. I tried this about 25 years ago (Yes I was dumb) It just had a different name. And sure you lose weight. Then once you get off, you put it all back. 3 days of my life wasted.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dafuq is a military diet?

When I was in the Corps, it was something like this...

mre.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8QfIplyswFpZQJMc6H2iuLFfDBbDU7KxSWIvK2QNWbBog_f4xHQ

or this...

ARMY-FOOD.jpg

s-ARMY-HEALTH-large.jpg

And I ate like 4000 - 5000 calories per day.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Umm....what's a military diet? I'm in the military and I had never heard of this
  • CamoGirl1985
    CamoGirl1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ha ha.... Yes, cwolfman13! That is the military diet. Well, actually my first introduction to a "military diet" was..... Shovel as much food into your mouth as you can in 5 minutes while being yelled at to get up and leave by a guy in a Smokey the Bear hat!