Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I groped around my closet in the dark for a pair of jeans to throw on this weekend and accidentally grabbed my size __ jeans that I had banished over the holidays. They fit - without trying! Ha!
  • annas987
    annas987 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I really hope I can add my story to this thread soon! I am inspired!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    Mine is horse related. I've had the same horse for many years. I knew that it would be so much easier getting up in the saddle and that I wouldn't need a "boost" from behind if I lost a bunch of weight. What I didn't expect is how uncomfortable it is to ride for a long time. No more cushion on the saddle! I seriously am looking into getting some kind of pad. Oh, and the other surprise was how much more active she was while riding. I am sure she is thrilled that she doesn't have to carry the extra 65 pounds anymore, but she was almost running up the mountain trail last time we went. Bonus!!!!

I love horses and riding so this made me extra smiley. Thanks for sharing
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My posture has improved when playing the drums, which makes me a better drummer. Didn't see that coming!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    So far, my jacket and jeans that "shrank" last year have "expanded" again. :) Also, the astonishment today when I realized I didn't have a muffin-top on the sides of my pants. :open_mouth: It was like a seamless transition from pants to skin.
  • mollypw1994
    mollypw1994 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bump - I love this thread! I don't have any to share...YET!
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm actually shocked at how different I look. Granted I've lost 45 pounds so far, but sometimes I just stare into the mirror amazed at how my face has slimmed out.

Also when I sit on the public transit, my knees thighs don't touch the seat that's in front of me.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Your progress is awesome, btw, Rashanti!
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Your progress is awesome, btw, Rashanti!

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Grabbed one of my children's shirts ( we all have the same color tie die) it's an extra large. I have been wearing 2x/3x understanding they were loose. I never expected the extra large would fit and even have a little room. I'm not sure I'm ready for tighter fitting clothes yet. I think myinds going to have to adjust.
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I always had collarbones and hip bones, so always sort of disregarded stories of people who discover them - I thought 'I'll never have that discovery to look forward to'. But I'm shocked at how much they stick out now I've lost a little weight!!
  • benians
    benians Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30-40 lbs so far, but I'm still plus sized so I don't have too many signs quite yet. Some pleasant things I've begun to notice, however, it the fact that I can feel my collarbone and my hipbones much more than before!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was very surprised at the weekend by how upset my mum got about me losing weight as I'm now smaller than her for the first time in my adult life. I couldn't tell if she was more upset by my success or the fact it's highlighted that she has put on weight over the last year or so. It was a very uncomfortable encounter overall!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs, have 30-35 more I would like to loose. Since Jan 4th I have been logging every day and excercising 6 days a week usually. I am feeling better and feel stronger and healthy. I actually fit into a 14 jeans today comfortably. It may not seem like a lot, but it's probably 2 years since I have been in them. It will be nice to weed out the XL's and 16 pants. It's slow, but it's coming off. I am determined to get it off and keep it off and be healthy forever.
    Thankfully no one has been negative to me. I think they are just insecure in themselves and can see that if they weren't so lazy they could change their lives too.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Some of these made me tear at the thought of one day reaching those small victories. Will be coming back here constantly to remind myself why I'm working my *kitten* off to change the way I live and eat!C Congrats to everyone, you are all such inspirations!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I got a reminder that abs are made in the kitchen today. I haven't been able to exercise much because I started a new job, but I've lost 15 lbs in the meantime through diet alone. I went running today for the first time since January, and my pants were falling off! It was awkward, but I stuck with it. Now I need to go shopping!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!