Weight not coming off...HELP!

Options
I have been logging my food since January, staying under my caloric intake 90% of the time, working out 5-6 times a week and I lost 5 of the 10 pounds I wanted to loose. Now, I've gained the 5 back and I haven't changed what I'm doing, if anything, I'm eating even better...I have 3 weeks to loose my 5 pounds again. Any suggestions???

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories than you burn. It's that simple. So you are overestimating your activity or underestimating the food calories.

I'll just go ahead and say it now because 20 others will...are you weighing your food?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public?
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I went 4 months doing the exact same (under cals, exercise every single day) to no avail. I lost NOTHING. I am now losing 1 to 2 pounds a week on a Liver Cleansing Diet. I highly recommend trying it! Has been an absolute life saver for me and I don't have to count calories, I eat when I'm hungry and have heaps of energy.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Mitzimum wrote: »
    I hear ya, I went 4 months doing the exact same (under cals, exercise every single day) to no avail. I lost NOTHING. I am now losing 1 to 2 pounds a week on a Liver Cleansing Diet. I highly recommend trying it! Has been an absolute life saver for me and I don't have to count calories, I eat when I'm hungry and have heaps of energy.

I use booze to clean my liver.
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Mitzimum wrote: »

I use booze to clean my liver.

Good for u :smile:
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    taylor2533 wrote: »
    I have been logging my food since January, staying under my caloric intake 90% of the time, working out 5-6 times a week and I lost 5 of the 10 pounds I wanted to loose. Now, I've gained the 5 back and I haven't changed what I'm doing, if anything, I'm eating even better...I have 3 weeks to loose my 5 pounds again. Any suggestions???

How far over do you go the other 10%? Are you weighing your food?
  • jonato2014
    jonato2014 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I notice. That stress is been my killer as well as not drinking enough water and not sleeping at least seven hours. Food alone will not do it. So I am trying to rest my body rather than go every day to the gym. I go every other day
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

Yep. If you want detailed advice you're going to have to make your diary public.
  • FitAziiz
    FitAziiz Posts: 4
    Options
    DO IF (intermittent fasting). im eating 5 to 6 meals a day and working out 6 times a week but the result was frustrating even when i lowered my calories intake still the same, but when i switched to IF the fat melt off instantly.
  • taylor2533
    taylor2533 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I just made my diary public. I think that might help, along with weighing my food.
  • lampronmarc974
    Options
    Drink 16 oz of water before every meal big difference buy the book the biggest loser by bob Harper it is great I lost 30 lbs since dec 2 good luck
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like you have your calorie goal set too high to lose weight. For many women, 1700 calories is their maintenance level. To lose five pounds in three weeks, you're looking at needing to drop your calorie goal to 1200 and not eating your exercise calories.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like you have your calorie goal set too high to lose weight. For many women, 1700 calories is their maintenance level. To lose five pounds in three weeks, you're looking at needing to drop your calorie goal to 1200 and not eating your exercise calories.

How could you possibly know that? You don't know her stats or activity levels. And there are plenty of women on here that maintain on 2500+ calories. That doesn't make it right to assume that'll suit everyone.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hi Taylor, I would say you need to used a scale. It will make the biggest difference. You also have gaps in logging. The last few pounds are the toughest to lose. So accurate logging is essential. watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

How could you possibly know that? You don't know her stats or activity levels. And there are plenty of women on here that maintain on 2500+ calories. That doesn't make it right to assume that'll suit everyone.

This. OP, what are your stats? How tall are you, what's your current weight, goal weight?

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Hi Taylor, I would say you need to used a scale. It will make the biggest difference. You also have gaps in logging. The last few pounds are the toughest to lose. So accurate logging is essential. watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

This video totally made me get a scale and start logging with more accuracy. I've lost 17lbs so far, and I totally believe that its because I'm staying consistent with logging, and incorporating exercise.

I have heard that the last pounds are the toughest, but you'll get there! Just log accurately, and stay within your deficit... It will happen :)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
    Move more.

If you aren't losing, you aren't in a deficit
  • iamchuckbass78
    iamchuckbass78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that there is an awful lot of bread, carbs, pasta, doughnuts, chips, etc in your log. Now I know people will say that as long as you're within your calories that's okay, but I would definitely not lose weight eating like that. Maybe I'm able regulate better when I'm low carb - which makes me wonder if you're under judging what you're consuming.

For instance, I know I'm not drinking only 5oz of wine.

But again, that's all me, not necessarily you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I looked at the last ten days: one day wasn't logged, one looked partially logged and a few entries seemed off like "green smoothie". I would probably tighten up the logging a bit and see if that helps.

I think my biggest question is, how long have you been doing this? And why do you only have 3 weeks to lose 5 lbs.. 5 lbs makes almost not difference in people. Heck, I can eat chipotle and gain that over lunch.