Is it easy having a partner who is an introvert?

Options
Idunnulily
Idunnulily Posts: 41 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
What are your Thoughts about someone being an introvert. Can you date one?

Replies

• Idunnulily
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Idunnulily
    Options
    I'm one, dating an extrovert kinda sucked for me. Fun most times but I didn't have my space lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Idunnulily wrote: »
    What are your Thoughts about someone being an introvert. Can you date one? Also, If not, why not?

the what now?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think so long as your personalities compliment eachother, it's all good.
  • alba_merula
    alba_merula Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sure.

I'm one, which means that I need my time and space to pay attention to the inner world (thoughts, feelings, etc.; quite often about other people), and I never got the hang of "too many people, too many information, not deep enough" situations... The handful of friends I have are very close, I value them highly, and with those few we care a lot about each other, can really rely on and know almost everything about each other - these qualities are great in a realationship, too. I think in a relationship there's just the two of you, so if my partner can accept my need to recharge alone sometime, and does not need to go out every night (either wanting me to come, or not spending enought time around me), then it should not be a problem.

My long term boyfriend is an introvert as well... sometimes I need to pay attention to ask the right questions, when something bothers him and he tries to solve it in his head, but other than that, we're great together.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Mrs Jruzer and I are both introverts, but she is more gregarious than I am. Works for me.

I think that extroverts and introverts can pair up well, actually - they can each bring out strengths in the other. My closest friend in the whole world is highly extroverted, and we really play well off of each other.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Idunnulily wrote: »
    What are your Thoughts about someone being an introvert. Can you date one?

Well since about half the population are introverts, there would be a lot more single people if introverts were undatable.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Mrs Jruzer and I are both introverts, but she is more gregarious than I am. Works for me.

I think that extroverts and introverts can pair up well, actually - they can each bring out strengths in the other. My closest friend in the whole world is highly extroverted, and we really play well off of each other.

I agree with this. I can be introverted sometimes and a bit more extrovert depending on the company I'm in and the situation. I like being a mixture of both because I can adapt. Some of my friends bring me out of my shell and I also like the calm that my introverted friends bring. It is strange though how society/media pushes being extrovert as something to aspire too and what everybody wants to secretly be (life and soul of the party etc), and being introverted is seen as a negative trait. i.e Quiet and thoughtful equals boring (which simply is not true). A lot of extroverts get on my nerves and appear needy for attention to me (obviously this is a generalisation too though).