How often do you weigh?

Options
13»

Replies

• Thunderthighs131
    Thunderthighs131 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight in MFP on Saturdays, whether I'm up or down. I weigh daily, and log and track in the Monitor Your Weight app. I don't focus on the numbers per se, but when I'm feeling down, or like my body isn't changing then I look at the graph of daily weigh-ins logged in the monitor your weight app. The downward trend of the graph always makes me happy!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, every day. I like seeing a lot of data points, it puts fluctuations into perspective for me. I have enough information that I feel comfortable knowing what my weight range currently is. It tends to fluctuate in a 2.5 pound band at any time, I pick the number in the middle and use that for my MFP official weight.

Once a week is what's usually recommended, but it made me crazy. Just one salty dish or a new workout could throw that one weigh-in off with fluid retention, hiding my steady progress. Weighing myself a lot has given me so many data points that I feel pretty comfortable with a routine of the weight range dropping by about a pound a week, then stagnating completely for TOM, then resuming when Shark Week is over. I average out to about .5-.75 pounds lost a week, which is right what I'm shooting for at this point, hopefully slowing down even more as I'm close to goal.
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I quit doing it as it made me depressed. I just keep wearing smaller clothes and enough.
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Daily, and I only log losses. It doesnt stress me out at all but rather keeps me sort of informed with whats going on with my body. Usually when Im up in weight I can pinpoint why and can usually estimate when the scale will move again. Its the norm to me
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I try to weigh in each morning but some days I am in a hurry and forget. I would say 2-3 times a week. I usually skip the week leading up to a certain "event" because I tend to gain water weight and don't want it to deter my motivation. Then I wait and see if there is a downward trend after it has passed. I would say to focus more on measurements especially if you have gained muscle. But I log weight to benefit the app mostly.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, first thing. I think it is easier to track normal fluctuations and long term trends that way, but ymmv.
  • happiimilk
    happiimilk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have to do it only once a week. If I weigh every day, it damages my psyche and motivation.