Sweets and carbs and other bad foods

Options
Is it really true that as long as I only eat within my calorie allowance I can eat whatever I want? On some days I feel like all I want to eat is crisps, dip and something sweet, while on other days I am more balanced and healthy, eating fish and vegetables. I find it hard to trust that it is ok to eat the bad stuff as long as it is up to and not over 1200 calories a day. Any reassurance would be really appreciated :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, but if that's all you eat then you won't be getting many nutrients. Focus on healthy, then work treats in in moderation.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For weight loss? Yes.

For health? No.

Ideally you want to meet your nutritional needs, fat, protein, fiber, sodium, etc. etc.
    If you can do that and fit crisps in you're doing it right
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Is it really true that as long as I only eat within my calorie allowance I can eat whatever I want? On some days I feel like all I want to eat is crisps, dip and something sweet, while on other days I am more balanced and healthy, eating fish and vegetables. I find it hard to trust that it is ok to eat the bad stuff as long as it is up to and not over 1200 calories a day. Any reassurance would be really appreciated :)

The short answer is yes. However, in my case for example, the only think I want is peanut m&m's and that would be a bad idea. So you can see there is a longer answer.
  • cubsterofthesea
    cubsterofthesea Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, you are right, I just crave salt and sugar so much sometimes :#
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, you are right, I just crave salt and sugar so much sometimes :#

Don't we all!
  • cubsterofthesea
    cubsterofthesea Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I am new to this and I already feel more inspired and motivated hearing from others. Good luck all :)