Reminding Myself

Options
Last summer/fall I cleaned up my diet and lost 35 pounds. Since Christmas I have struggled to stay on track. I have committed myself to 1 week of clean eating and exercise. I know it that week I will see results and I need that little reminder.

What type of things to you do to keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER!!!!!!
  • ZombieMom79
    ZombieMom79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    mzjenn2u wrote: »
    COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER!!!!!!

Agreed! Despite the fact that we are surrounded by snow and getting another 30 cm's over night I truly do believe summer is coming and this year I am going to rock it!

• MsTiff1981
    MsTiff1981 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Couple things keep me motivated. When I started this process I wrote down reasons/feelings for wanting to lose weight. When I feel my motivation lacking I go back and read those. It reminds of how negative I felt and how much more positive I now feel. Just focus on the positive and keep going!
  • ZombieMom79
    ZombieMom79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! Will start adding to my logging journal.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The success stories on here motivate me. I try to read a few every day!
  • andst5001
    andst5001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with kjurrassic-the success stories really help! I read them almost everyday. The people on here are amazing and are doing so well. Just remember when you feel like quitting, remember why you started. :smile:
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I sign up for races so I am always in training for something. I need to have a date with a goal at the finish. I plan few down weeks for recovery in between. That helps me keep focused. Although I really like to run so that helps. Oh and cute summer clothes. They are helpful!

For example the first part of 2015:

January- full marathon
    March 1/2 marathon
    April- Raganar relay race
    May 1/2 marathon
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I like to look at my older photos to remind myself of how well I've done and how much happier I am now, it's great motivation for me. I also like seeing other people's success stories on here, knowing that others have achieved their goals makes me happy and feel like I can keep on towards mine too.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Second the idea of training/being on a plan. If there's a specific workout I have to do to meet a goal, I'm a lot more likely to do it than doing random exercise. Zumba is fun, but I'm more likely to skip a Zumba class than to skip a training run. A progressive training plan also means I see farther distances, faster miles, stronger lifts... This makes me feel accomplished and encourages me to keep going.